Trolley advice

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on trolleys. I've been suffering from a bad back for a while now and not sure that carrying my bag is helping, so looking at a trolley.

Thinking of leaning towards electric as it seems that a push trolley is neither here nor there, although not totally convinced.

Not looking to spend a lot. I have seen go kart trolleys that seem good for the price. Also there is a very cheap trolley on eBay (proforce) being sold new for £179-anyone got any experience of these-the eBay feedback seems ok (and a lot sold) but it looks like a too-good-to-be-true price.

Also, Acid vs lithium. How big is the difference?

Thanks

Chris

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No recent experience of electric but I use a push trolley (Clic-gear)
If your course, or where you play mostly, is relatively flat then a decent push trolley works fine, is generally cheaper and easier to maintain.
If you've got some serious "ups" then I'd go electric in a heartbeat.

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Only one really big up to be honest and I'm relativity fit, it is mostly about limiting the strain on my back, it might be worth looking into a 'good' push trolley (I have only used really cheap ones which seemed more hassle than carrying)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a motocaddy, It has been great although they aren't the cheapest. My 36 hole Lithium battery is still going strong after over 4 years of more than 200 rounds a year. Another big plus for Lithium is they are so much lighter than the acid batteries, which I find very heavy.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I am a recent convert to an electric lithium powakaddy, having been a user of a push trolley for several years.

I like it, and like the OP, think my days of carrying are over. Only thing I would say, and try if you can before buying, is to see if you can have a test run. Mine is a bit too slow of a 4 speed setting, but a bit too fast on a 5 - its a minor gripe though, otherwise I love it.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I really like my Motocaddy S1 Lite Push Trolley and would recommend it. I don't get to play often enough, in hilly locations, to justify an electric one.

davie24

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought one of the proforce ones mentioned in the opening post. After having it for a year now,I have had no problems at all. Pretty good considering the price paid.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
I had back problems also, found with a push trolly that you tend to bend over particualy when on an up hill slope making my back ache

My home course is quite hilly

So went with electric - gokart with auto handle - would recommend

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Are there any issues securing a stand bag to a non electric push trolley? My lower back has had enough of carrying!

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Went to buy a Motocaddy M1 Lite but was talked into an iCart Uno by the salesman and I've been blown away; absoltuely brilliant bit of kit.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Recently aquired an 'EZEGLIDE 3G Smartfold' which has been an absolute godsend over the last few rounds, now find myself feeling a whole lot better come the end of a round of where as when I was carrying I'd start to loose the plot at around the 11th or 12th...

Next on the agenda (when the funds allow for it) is an electric trolley !... :thup:

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anyone used one of the powerbug GT trolleies-the 0% finance deals make it quite tempting at very low monthly rate.

Any thoughts on them?

Also strongly considering the S1 lite push trolley for £99 seems a good deal if going the push route