Trip to Ireland

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right guys/gals.

Mrs' Bday next month, thinking of whisking her off to Ireland for the weekend. I need some idea's. Places to go, things to do. Guiness factory is a must for me but besides that!

Also, who is the cheapest ferry company to go with. I want to take my car so it will be 1 car 2 adults.

Was wanting to go from Liverpool to dublin but looks like it takes 8 hours, so would rather drive to holyhead as the travel time is from 1 hour 30.

Cheapest i found on net was 220 just for the ferry :eek: i still need accomodation too.

freduk

Hacker
Visit site
You really ought to fly, it only takes 40 minutes to Dublin from the East Midlands. You can get a bus transfer right outside the airport and the flights are really cheap with Ryanair,go for online checkin and just take hand luggage and youll save even more and time too.

Freduk

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was wanting to drive through the country side, maybe even have a look at some of the golf courses out there etc. But i think am gonna stay on this side of the pond for now(bit pricey at the mo) and do ireland again. But cheers anyway.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Would definately fly and hire a vehicle out there. It would work out cheaper I would imagine, be less aggro and save heaps of time.

I would love to get out there, I think me and Dublin would have a very good relationship.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Would definately fly and hire a vehicle out there. It would work out cheaper I would imagine, be less aggro and save heaps of time.

I would love to get out there, I think me and Dublin would have a very good relationship.
John, If you have any love for driving and cars, Dublin will torment the life out of you. Traffic is impossible at the moment and until you get outside the m50 you are travelling almost backwards as most lanes are still closed on the entire m50 due to roadworks.
RGS will update you as I havent been down in a month or so on business. As I said though, once you get beyond the city confines, traffic is as good/bad as anywhere else.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
TonyN-you would enjoy the trip over-agree with Brendy driving in Dublin nightmare-the M50 so called ring road right mess as they are creating new lanes both directions and also adjusting the off ramps.

Fly over get a taxi or bus to the city centre.

If you need any more info PM me.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that. I dont think am gonna go with that but i will defo be trying to get over before the year is out so i'll keep you in mind.

Thanks again!