Trilby Tour on FreesportHD

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Without the draw of being on Sky Sports I don’t know what the event can’t offer for £300??

The golf courses are awful, the bags are appalling. It confuses me

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest, I played it in its first couple of years. £250 but I got a fully leather Callaway bag with my name embroided rather than a laminated card. It was also at the Oxfordshire, which in my opinion is a really good course (id also watched european tour events there).

Still overpriced but much better value than what they get now

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I played the second year and it was fine and actually a really enjoyable experience. Then it became ever larger, prices went up, quality went down and as has been discussed on here before some proper bandits took full advantage. It has mutated from what was an excellent concept initially and even having it on Sky (and so potentially getting my mug on there) has done nothing to make me want to take part again.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve never seen the appeal of paying a punt load of cash to play bang average courses against proper bandits.

Chance to be on telly. Many who enter will suffer from LAM (Look at Me) syndrome (as Mr Trilby seems to rather suffer) :)

But yes - it was always good for a late night laugh/groan/grimace...so to that extent I'll miss it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal of mine told me a few weeks ago that the trilby tour was on telly from Trent Lock Notts. And that one of our members won it. Anyway I put a tape in and watched it last night. The lad who won it was called Richard Foster. I have played with him a few times. He is a real good lad to have 18 holes with.
Anyway he won it on a 4 way play off. His first drive hit the rake which stopped it dropping into a bunker, jammy sod.
He has won our KO comp and earlier this year won a doubles comp which gets him entry to play a comp at sawgrass. Chuffed to bits for him.

D

Deleted member 18588

A pal of mine told me a few weeks ago that the trilby tour was on telly from Trent Lock Notts. And that one of our members won it. Anyway I put a tape in and watched it last night. The lad who won it was called Richard Foster. I have played with him a few times. He is a real good lad to have 18 holes with.
Anyway he won it on a 4 way play off. His first drive hit the rake which stopped it dropping into a bunker, jammy sod.
He has won our KO comp and earlier this year won a doubles comp which gets him entry to play a comp at sawgrass. Chuffed to bits for him.

Imagine paying to play Trent Lock!!

D

Deleted member 18588

used to be called something else?

Im guessing Long Eaton maybe? Guessing it ones of the courses we played when at Uni many years ago

Built on a river plain so basically flat and wet.