Trilby Tour 2022

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It won't go back to good courses because the TT charge the courses to host the events. Yeah go figure :unsure: One club near me was approached and they wanted the club to pay £30k. Two word answer, second one was off. Decent clubs don't need the exposure, at least not at that price.

Fulwood (Preston) Golf Club is a really nice track. They paid the cash and got significantly more back from sponsorship. So as a cash generator it can work if marketed properly.

That said, I agree with you The top clubs don't need the coin so wouldn't bother hosting. The TT is therefore always going to end up on middle of the road courses that you can play as a visitor for 30-£50.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Even though I think it's a flawed tournament because of the question marks around legit handicaps etc, I'd probably still end up watching it on tv for the novelty of it

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Im just imagining how much glenmiur gear i could buy for 260, that doesnt have trilby tour 2022 embroidered on. Or indeed how much golf clothing in general. I think couny golf could probably get me a poloshirt a week for the entire playing season with change from £260....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Im just imagining how much glenmiur gear i could buy for 260, that doesnt have trilby tour 2022 embroidered on. Or indeed how much golf clothing in general. I think couny golf could probably get me a poloshirt a week for the entire playing season with change from £260....

Definitely don't think you'll get much Glenmuir clobber for your buck. At a push a jumper but I am guessing just a polo shirt. In the early days of the TT the clobber including the hat was a decent quality

sunshine

Visit site
What do you get for £260? I think if you break down the cost of buying the individual components you can see there is tremendous value:

Green fee: £40
Glenmuir polo: £20
Bacon roll: £3
"food after golf": £10
Goody bag: £7
Trilby Tour cap: £180
Hanging out with "characters" looking to go viral on TV: £priceless
Total £260

D

Deleted member 15344

Well just watched the event at Carus Green and it’s wrong
1. they aren’t wearing stupid hats and WH is nowhere to be seen

2. The winners are only getting 38-40 points ???

3. No boiler suits and the players can wear what they want ( most wearing a Glenmuir TT top )

And a guy playing of scratch won an event

Not a single short game wizard to be seen

D

Deleted member 3432

3. No boiler suits and the players can wear what they want ( most wearing a Glenmuir TT top )

Watching amateurs play must be worse than watching LIV Tour...

nickh

Visit site
Seems a funny concept, naming a 'tour' after a specific type of hat, and then inviting the entrants to where another type of hat...?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site

What channel is it on? Or did you actually go there and watch?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Having now watched the Cumbria event at Carus Green GC…it’s no fun…just not the same without Hunt; the old crew, and the gear everyone involved would have to wear - especially miss the scorers with their boards wearing red jackets and white bunnets. And no Rob Lee…and no 3 hole play off. Nah.

Maybe it’ll grow on me as the original incarnation wormed it’s way into my affections. But I doubt it.