Trilby Tour 2022

D

Deleted member 21258

Good luck to them, no one forces the people to sign up and pay their money.

Not my cuppa of tea, but there is plenty of space in the market, if they get it right.

D

Deleted member 23270

Good luck to them, no one forces the people to sign up and pay their money.

Not my cuppa of tea, but there is plenty of space in the market, if they get it right.
Very true, just a shame it isn't policed a bit better to give everyone a chance as the prizes in these types of events can be quite lucrative.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As an Irish golfer I'm embarrassed by a couple of the "golfers" that have featured in this over the years who have come from Ireland.
They have also won various comps around Ireland with very suspicious handicaps in place
With the new WHS in place I think this competition will be absolute carnage this year

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I played in the second (or maybe third) year of the original TT when the clothing and bag was still a good standard and it hadn't manifested into the monster it became and William Hunt grew into a egomaniac and spoilt it for all.

With only four venues announced I will sit and see how this develops and if it grows again but prices don't go silly I might have another go.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played in it twice when it had just started, maybe not the first year but a looooong time ago.

Played at The Buckinghamshire one year and Bearwood Lakes the other. I think the standard of courses went down a bit not long after the last year I played. I remember one of the courses round this way was one I’d entered opens in for £25 including a meal. A nice course all the same but not worth the Trilby entry fee.

It was a good experience but I thought the organisers threw their weight around a little unnecessarily. If you were off in the next few groups you had to stand around the first tee to make it look busy for the cameras, and taking a bit too much joy out of disqualifying someone over the PA system for being a little behind time.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
As an Irish golfer I'm embarrassed by a couple of the "golfers" that have featured in this over the years who have come from Ireland.
They have also won various comps around Ireland with very suspicious handicaps in place
With the new WHS in place I think this competition will be absolute carnage this year
The short game wizard . ?? A very sucessful partnership seemingly .
What part of the great island are u playing in ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm interested to see how this plays out. If it gets a good reaction (and no handicap/bandit controversy) then I disagree with the thought it won't get back to some of the better courses. It is always good publicity for these places especially with the Sky exposure. Hopefully this will be a ne beginning and it won't morph into another monster

D

Deleted member 23270

I'm interested to see how this plays out. If it gets a good reaction (and no handicap/bandit controversy) then I disagree with the thought it won't get back to some of the better courses. It is always good publicity for these places especially with the Sky exposure. Hopefully this will be a ne beginning and it won't morph into another monster
It won't go back to good courses because the TT charge the courses to host the events. Yeah go figure :unsure: One club near me was approached and they wanted the club to pay £30k. Two word answer, second one was off. Decent clubs don't need the exposure, at least not at that price.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I caught up a load of TT on YouTube during the first lockdown and rather enjoyed the absurdity of it - plus a little bit of fun seeing some egos punctured. That said Hunt and his regulars/favourites - aka the usual suspects - would have boiled my p if I'd been playing myself.