Transition....again

white_feather

Club Champion
Visit site
Apologies as i have posted about this subject before however I'm fine in the backswing however it is making that transition from back to downswing.

Is there and concious pull down of the arms or should this be a natural movement resulting in the hip turn and gravity?

Is it a case of setting your hands in the correct position on backswing and then leaving the rest to the lower body turn on the down swing?

Any advice much appreciated.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you start your down swing with your lower body your arms will naturally fall into the right position. I certainly think that this happens with me.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I start my down swing with a gentle bump (Towards target) with my hips. Then pretty much straight away start to rotate my left hip so it starts to move behind me so the bump and turn are almost one movement.

To be honest I have no idea what my arms do :mad:

One thing I will say. If I try and add power (...With my arms) at transition, it all goes pear shaped.

Last edited:

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i think there has to be some sort of seperation between the upper part and lower part of the body in transistion.
lower body goes first
in terms of feeling with the arms i would suggest falling down and flattening of the club shaft, well thats what works for me