Trainer like golf shoes

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend golf shoes that have similar cushioning to trainers as I’ve found the past few rounds have given me really bad foot ache, pains in my heels and it’s causing the arthritis in my knees to flair up?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 18588

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend golf shoes that have similar cushioning to trainers as I’ve found the past few rounds have given me really bad foot ache, pains in my heels and it’s causing the arthritis in my knees to flair up?
Thanks

I shall follow this with great interest as I experience the complete reverse.

Whenever I have worn trainer style golf shoes my arthritic knees really suffer.

Far more comfort and relief in conventional shoes.

User20204

Visit site
I have been suffering from sore feet all last season and have no answer for it. At first I thought it was the shoes, Adidas 360 2, then I bought the Pro sl, still have the same bother no matter what shoes I wear.

I'm not sure buying yet another pair of shoes will solve the problem but I don't actually know what will.

I have an appointment with a shoe doctor a week Wednesday so will see what he suggests.

D

Deleted member 16999

Mizuno Wave Cadence, they are running shoes with spikes, really comfortable and designed for 36 holes.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been suffering from sore feet all last season and have no answer for it. At first I thought it was the shoes, Adidas 360 2, then I bought the Pro sl, still have the same bother no matter what shoes I wear.

I'm not sure buying yet another pair of shoes will solve the problem but I don't actually know what will.

I have an appointment with a shoe doctor a week Wednesday so will see what he suggests.

If your 'sore feet' have been this bad for so long have you been to your GP?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm the "sore foot" king.

For me you can't beat any of the Skechers range. They ain't waterproof like they claim but I can put up with that for comfort and support.

Maybe it's just me but the Fj Pro SL that has been mentioned is dreadful, no support at all and nowhere near the cushioning of a Skechers shoe. Maybe after 3 operations my feet are just not compatible with a footjoy?

I have also got a pair of UA Tempest - I think? They are a trainer/casual like shoe which is pretty good. Comfortable straight out the box, support is decent too.

Adidas Tour 360 are another great shoe for comfort and support. I'd rate these almost equal with Skechers, probably better made but comfort wise Skechers just edge it for me.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve got arthritis in my knees and nothing comes close to the Adidas Boost shoes for helping them in my experience (I’ve had Pro SL, Nike, UA etc but not tried Skechers)

I’ll probably get a pair of the new ones for the coming season with the Boost stuff the full length of the sole

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had a pair of ashworth spikeless shoes for years.

They have held up very well, I wear them to and from the course and also at the range and when the ground is dry.

I don't believe Ashworth make shoes any more and I know that the guy John Ashworth sold up a few years ago and now runs a public course in California.

I'm hopeful of getting a new pair at some point this year for play in dry weather and for 36 hole days.

Would be happy with a trainer like shoe and then keep my footjoy dry joys for wet weather.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Online research has come up with Tomo golf shoes and True Linkswear as 2 good looking shoes.

Not sure if you can get them to the UK - but where there's a will, there's a way.

Wolf

Visit site
Nike Roshe G's are incredibly comfortable. I wear them as trainers day-to-day, so comfy.
Ive got several pairs of Roshe One trainers in a variety of colours that I can be in for upto 14hrs a day on my feet at work and they're like wearing slippers,. If the golf shoes are half as comfy I think I'll be investing in these for my summer golf.

As for other shoes can also highly recommend Adidas boost, go mine at Christmas unbelievably comfortable even of dodgy hard ground.