Golf shoes

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys after recommendations for golf shoes. I really seem to struggle finding golf shoes that are comfy and fit me properly. I have small feet probably a 6 or 6.5 but my feet are wide where my toes are. I normally buy a 7 in shoes, trainers etc and they fit fine, but really struggle with golf shoes. I have Nike Lunar Control 3 and Nike Lunar Vapour 2 at the moment and my feet just ache in them. So if anyone has some recommendations or is in a similar situation please comment. Ideally looking for a summer pair and winter pair.
Nike lunar control 2 best shoes iv wore so far comfy and superb grip look nice too

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm also a big fan of Nike shoes, seem to wear really well and super comfy!
I would definitely recommend some with the boa laces. I've just tried my first pair and it's a revalation.

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm also a big fan of Nike shoes, seem to wear really well and super comfy!
I would definitely recommend some with the boa laces. I've just tried my first pair and it's a revalation.
I was always a fan of Nike shoes till recently and now I find them very uncomfortable. I have Nike Lunar Control 3 which are ok at best, Nike Lunar Vapour 2 which are too narrow at the toe in my opinion. Recently tried Nike Air Max 1G and found them uncomfortable. So I’m off Nike

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
After trying the Adidas on I was like why have I never tried Adidas golf shoes before. So comfy and like you say wide at the toes

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
These threads are pointless. You'll just get a list almost every shoe on the market. It's like asking people what your favourite colours should be. People are just going to post what shoes are comfy for them. You don't have their feet. The only way is to try them for your self.

I guarantee at some point Almost every forum member at some point has baught shoes that they regretted after 18 holes that felt great in the shop. Personally I'd start with buying golf shoes from a manufacturer that you already use for other sport or casual use.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
You are right. Best to talk about general tech IMHO.
Full on breathable for me in summer - e.g Nike Rosche - careful not in the least waterproof.
Gortex upper for when it warm and wet (or anytime really) e.g. Ecco Biom
Waterproof and cooler weather, something with spikes e.g. callaway Cheviot II

If you play regularly and have soft feet you may need two or three different pairs to stop blisters etc.
Maybe carry another pair with you (and socks) and change after 9 holes.

Keeping your feet in good condition will keep you on the course.

These threads are pointless. You'll just get a list almost every shoe on the market. It's like asking people what your favourite colours should be. People are just going to post what shoes are comfy for them. You don't have their feet. The only way is to try them for your self.

I guarantee at some point Almost every forum member at some point has baught shoes that they regretted after 18 holes that felt great in the shop. Personally I'd start with buying golf shoes from a manufacturer that you already use for other sport or casual use.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you play regularly and have soft feet you may need two or three different pairs to stop blisters etc.
Maybe carry another pair with you (and socks) and change after 9 holes.

Keeping your feet in good condition will keep you on the course.

If you have to change your shoes after 9 holes perhaps golf is not for you!

There are so many options out there you’re bound to find something that works.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I followed that line and found that, as comfortable as Nike trainers are, their golf shoes chewed my feet to bits.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My feet only ache when in golf shoes and not when I wear anything else. I find the Nike ones I have are to narrow at the toe end so as well as aching feet they hurt my toes as well. Not sure why my feet ache though as the shoes feel comfy when u put them on.
Are you sure you are not overthinking this a bit.
Your feet may ache after golf because you have just walked 7/8 miles on uneven terrain .
Do you do any other activities that mirror this .
Try a long walk in spikeless shoes just on the pavement you will know then if it is the shoes or just fatigue.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you sure you are not overthinking this a bit.
Your feet may ache after golf because you have just walked 7/8 miles on uneven terrain .
Do you do any other activities that mirror this .
Try a long walk in spikeless shoes just on the pavement you will know then if it is the shoes or just fatigue.
Agree with this! Would have to be some sort of miracle shoe for you to walk for 4 hours and not feel it at all.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found the most amazing comfy golf shoes the other day. Adidas adipower 4orged S god they are like slippers. Very happy now

I echo the above.
Adidas also do a wide fitting and they are silly comfortable.
I've given my Ecco shoes away as a result of trying Adidas.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Weird, I ordered some Adidas Adipure golf shoes last year and they were awful. So rigid, and tight and narrow around the toe end. I sent them straight back.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Weird, I ordered some Adidas Adipure golf shoes last year and they were awful. So rigid, and tight and narrow around the toe end. I sent them straight back.
I agree, until I got the Powerband Boa, EVERY Adidas shoe was far too narrow for me. In fact I won these in a competition and was worried they wouldn't fit me so I went to try some first and it's the first ever pair of Adidas golf shoes I've wore that don't feel like they're crushing my toes.
As an additional point, over the winter I tend to wear some Footjoy Dryjoys with metal spikes. When I put these back on at the start of the season, I forgot just how wonderfully comfy they are, it really was night and day.