Tracking an old handicap

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I joined a club this week. Need to get a handicap . Was trying to work out how to get one around work etc

However I used to be a member of a club years ago

Talking about 2015 time with an official handicap of 27 at the time

Is that handicap transferable or traceable?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I joined a club this week. Need to get a handicap . Was trying to work out how to get one around work etc

should be traceable, no its not transferrable

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
should be traceable, no its not transferrable

Darn, just waiting to hear back from the handicap sec about getting my 1st handicap ..

Might take me a while as I don't know any members

Can you enter comps without a handicap just to get a handicap? Obviously know I can't win just want that handicap

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

PM sent.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Darn, just waiting to hear back from the handicap sec about getting my 1st handicap ..

Might take me a while as I don't know any members

Can you enter comps without a handicap just to get a handicap? Obviously know I can't win just want that handicap

Most clubs will let you play in a comp to put cards in for handicap yes, that or a roll up usually the best options if you dont know anyone there, check with the comps secretary/pro or whoever organises

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you had a CDH number back then it will still apply. Ask your old club for the number.
The handicap sec at your new club should be able to see if your original CDH ID is still in the system. Unlikely I suspect as I don't think the kept them in 2015 after leaving a club.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It wouldnt have been West Malling Golf Club would it?? If so I've found you unless Jim beat me to it. :D:D

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes. They used to delete 'dead' records but a few years ago decided to keep them in future and renamed the ID as a 'Lifetime ID'.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just inform the new club what your handicap was and they should take it in to consideration when giving you an initial handicap based upon cards totalling 54 holes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Further handicap question

I found this

To obtain a golf handicap, you have to be a member of an affiliated club and submit a required number of cards from either 9- or 18-hole rounds as long as the total number of holes played is at least 54.
Your allotted handicap will then be the best 18-hole card from those submitted after certain adjustments (anything worse than a double bogey will be rounded down to a double bogey for initial handicap purposes).
You handicap is assessed against the Standard Scratch Score (SSS) of the course rather than its par, and it’s worth noting that there is quite often a difference between these two figures.

So my workings I hit ,54 today adjusted is 49 If I carded all of these the same again ... Would that work out a handicap of 24? Because our sss is 74 so 98 over 18 minus 74 equals 24?

Just so I'm on the right page

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
That was the old method.
The process is now slightly different.

The initial handicap shall be allotted as below.

1. Adjust any score of more than double par at any hole to a score of double par (i.e. 6 on a Par 3, 8 on a Par 4 and 10 on a Par 5).

2. Add the nine-hole scores (if applicable) to make up 18-hole equivalents in chronological order.

3. Calculate the Adjusted Gross Differential (‘AGD‘) scores from the three 18 hole (or 18-hole equivalent) scores; these scores being calculated by comparing the returns relative to the SSS’s of the courses/tees used:
AGD = Adjusted Gross Score – SSS for the course/tees used
Determine the Lowest Adjusted Gross Differential (‘LAGD‘) from the three Adjusted Gross Differentials

4. Reduce the resulting LAGD according to the formula;
Initial Handicap = (LAGD + (LAGD*0.13))/ 1.237 truncated to provide a whole number.

For example, a player with a Lowest Adjusted Gross Differential of 31 is allotted an initial handicap of 28 (which is recorded as an Exact Handicap of 28.0) as shown below: Initial Handicap
= (31 + (31*0.13))/1.237 = (31 + 4.03)/1.237
= (35.03/1.237)
= 28.31 truncated to 28 and recorded as an Exact Handicap of 28.0.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That was the old method.
The process is now slightly different.

The initial handicap shall be allotted as below.

1. Adjust any score of more than double par at any hole to a score of double par (i.e. 6 on a Par 3, 8 on a Par 4 and 10 on a Par 5).

2. Add the nine-hole scores (if applicable) to make up 18-hole equivalents in chronological order.

3. Calculate the Adjusted Gross Differential (‘AGD‘) scores from the three 18 hole (or 18-hole equivalent) scores; these scores being calculated by comparing the returns relative to the SSS’s of the courses/tees used:
AGD = Adjusted Gross Score – SSS for the course/tees used
Determine the Lowest Adjusted Gross Differential (‘LAGD‘) from the three Adjusted Gross Differentials

4. Reduce the resulting LAGD according to the formula;
Initial Handicap = (LAGD + (LAGD*0.13))/ 1.237 truncated to provide a whole number.

For example, a player with a Lowest Adjusted Gross Differential of 31 is allotted an initial handicap of 28 (which is recorded as an Exact Handicap of 28.0) as shown below: Initial Handicap
= (31 + (31*0.13))/1.237 = (31 + 4.03)/1.237
= (35.03/1.237)
= 28.31 truncated to 28 and recorded as an Exact Handicap of 28.0.

so just going on todays figures

if I managed to shoot same again and handed in an adjusted 98 and that was my best one

would it then be (24+(24*0.13)/1.237

which is (27.12/1.237)

which ive got as 21.92 .. 22 recorded.. am i on the right lines?