Toughest course?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

I’m finding this hard to decide.

I’ve played badly on some courses, such as Hillside and Hollinwell, but can’t blame the difficulty of the course for my shortcomings.
The Faldo course at Amondeira was a struggle, as was the back 9 at Sherwood Forest.

D

Deleted member 23270

The fact that you ain't made one sensible post on this thread is his point. Well that's my guess.

Feel free to prove me wrong.
No you are absolutely right, I've been very antagonistic. Just like several others on here don't you think.......eh Jacko?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No you are absolutely right, I've been very antagonistic. Just like several others on here don't you think.......eh Jacko?

And here was me thinking multiple accounts weren't allowed.

Anyway, back on track I always struggle at Boat of Garten too. Usually run up a cricket score or two round there every time.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use to think playing The Dukes at St Andrews from the black tees was hard but after playing a few competitions on The PGA @ Gleneagles from the black tees , well it is right test of golf, one of the toughest I have played but the guys playing the Ryder Cup made it look easy so hats of to them guys

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Had some rounds in very tough conditions, but these don't count for this thread.

Royal Aberdeen!

'Breeze' wasn't anything 'special' but enough to require consideration. Was pretty close to handicap after front nine, but was so mentally knackered that game virtually disintegrated after that!

Great feeling after bit of recovery, both on the course and in the clubhouse!

Royal Birkdale and Carnoustie are 'right up there' too unless conditions are totally benign. Any links course is a huge challenge if there's a 'decent' breeze!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use to think playing The Dukes at St Andrews from the black tees was hard but after playing a few competitions on The PGA @ Gleneagles from the black tees , well it is right test of golf, one of the toughest I have played but the guys playing the Ryder Cup made it look easy so hats of to them guys
To be fair, are most courses off the black tees not pretty tough? I played Close House, Colt course a few weeks ago, The British Masters course from 2017. I played it off the yellows, played really well and had a great day. Stick me on the black tees, or whatever the equivalent was, and it would have been a disaster. I stood on the back tees on a number of holes to see the difference 😱. Turnberry was similar, yellow tees great, whites tougher, pro tees were bonkers on some holes.

Okay, my golf is not at your level but you get my point.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What exactly is your point? You make a snide comment about the rating system then accuse people of trolling (which seems to be your standard response to anyone on here you disagree with). Isn't your comment about the rankings trolling??

what has the rating system got to do with you and how is it snide comment on the "rating system" did i hurt its feelings???

as for the standard response to trolling, its funny how you only appear when there is a post against the top 100 or anything disagreeing with D4S its almost as if you could be the same person using a duplicate account;)

A Troll hiding behind a fake profile is all you are, you show that by any post you make on here, show me one positive response to any post??

as i said before back under the bridge with you:poop:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
images

Sadly, no longer with us.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
what has the rating system got to do with you and how is it snide comment on the "rating system" did i hurt its feelings???

as for the standard response to trolling, its funny how you only appear when there is a post against the top 100 or anything disagreeing with D4S its almost as if you could be the same person using a duplicate account;)

A Troll hiding behind a fake profile is all you are, you show that by any post you make on here, show me one positive response to any post??

as i said before back under the bridge with you:poop:
That’s quite an accusation? Any proof. I’ve met Dave & D4S. It was on different days, but they look quite different 😱

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
El Campion at Mission Inn
It’s just north of Orlando on us27.
It’s a brute off the back tees, it’s quite hilly for a Florida course.
None of us has come close to it yet.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Maybe the trees are so tall it gives the perception of "narrow," and stood on the fairway it's not as bad as it looks from the tee.... but you are the only person I've ever heard say that! :)

Keeping the non-links, fair weather theme going... another vote for St Mellion. Poor shots are punished, and some not that poor shots are punished too... I a;ways enjpy it there, but I know what to expect!
You always know what to expect at St Mellion but is it just me or does it all become a little soul sapping by about the 14th even if you feel you're playing well. CHances are you'll still have lost at least one ball and if the game isn't there it can be a real grind before beer o'clock comes round

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
You always know what to expect at St Mellion but is it just me or does it all become a little soul sapping by about the 14th even if you feel you're playing well. CHances are you'll still have lost at least one ball and if the game isn't there it can be a real grind before beer o'clock comes round
15 16 and 18 are fantastic holes though

D

Deleted Member 1156

I mean the hardest course set up on it's own. Obviously, for links courses, the wind is part of that, but extreme weather with like monsoon rain and half storm isn't something I would consider when ranking the toughness of a course.
Very true. Some links can be very straightforward without wind. I've shot some of my lowest scores around Hayling on calm days but been beaten to a pulp when the wind is up.