Toughest course?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
not played it and everyone who has i know say how good it is, all i can surmise under the ranking schemes of these top 100 lists is the catering and car park are not all that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't you know that top courses need to have good showers and parking bays to bump them up the rankings.

Makes the course more enjoyable and "better" obviously.

🤐🤯

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seddlescome in Sussex is one I always found tough, a course I don’t think I’ve ever heard mentioned on here.

I’ve played far tougher courses but that was with wind so discount them

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry fella, guess I touched a nerve. Just a bit of banter (y)

You didn't touch a nerve at all, but How can it be banter if you only ever post digs and snide remarks.

maybe you should get involved with discussions more, then it might be seen as banter.

FYI the catering is is crap, but the car park is ace, some of the truest parking spaces in Scotland

D

Deleted member 23270

You didn't touch a nerve at all, but How can it be banter if you only ever post digs and snide remarks.

maybe you should get involved with discussions more, then it might be seen as banter.

FYI the catering is is crap, but the car park is ace, some of the truest parking spaces in Scotland
Maybe you should check your own posts before making accusations. Everyone else has posted sensible comments about courses then you come along and make snide remarks about the ranking system. Pot...kettle....black :rolleyes:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I’m trying to think of a course that is really tough without the wind playing a factor (as most links courses are there for the taking with no wind).

Duchess @ Woburn is seriously tough because it’s so narrow.

Woodhall Spa is another one

Oddly, I think the Duchess is pretty wide. Where normally there would be deep rough, there are trees, but the fairways are generous enough.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Maybe you should check your own posts before making accusations. Everyone else has posted sensible comments about courses then you come along and make snide remarks about the ranking system. Pot...kettle....black :rolleyes:

lol, i commented on the tread before and replied to someone else all you did is what you always do come flying in with snide remarks, like the 394 other posts, either snide remarks or backing up you mates... FYI i didn't even mention GM;)

There s more than one top 100 course list or didn't you know that?

back under your bridge;)

D

Deleted member 23270

lol, i commented on the tread before and replied to someone else all you did is what you always do come flying in with snide remarks, like the 394 other posts, either snide remarks or backing up you mates... FYI i didn't even mention GM;)

There s more than one top 100 course list or didn't you know that?

back under your bridge;)
Now that you've got your little rant off your chest maybe we can get back to talking about tough courses (y)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Oddly, I think the Duchess is pretty wide. Where normally there would be deep rough, there are trees, but the fairways are generous enough.

Maybe the trees are so tall it gives the perception of "narrow," and stood on the fairway it's not as bad as it looks from the tee.... but you are the only person I've ever heard say that! :)

Keeping the non-links, fair weather theme going... another vote for St Mellion. Poor shots are punished, and some not that poor shots are punished too... I a;ways enjpy it there, but I know what to expect!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Now that you've got your little rant off your chest maybe we can get back to talking about tough courses (y)

lol when did you last make a constructive comment or post on any topic let alone this one?

all your posts on here are exactly the same , trolling nothing more(y)

D

Deleted member 23270

lol when did you last make a constructive comment or post on any topic let alone this one?

all your posts on here are exactly the same , trolling nothing more(y)
What exactly is your point? You make a snide comment about the rating system then accuse people of trolling (which seems to be your standard response to anyone on here you disagree with). Isn't your comment about the rankings trolling??

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Ile aux cerfs (le touessrok)
More playable now but 7 or 8 years ago this was brutal with tight fairways and small raised greens
Formally a world top 100 course I believe with almost the max US course rating (140 something)

And stunning views to take your mind off how many balls you've lost

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What exactly is your point? You make a snide comment about the rating system then accuse people of trolling (which seems to be your standard response to anyone on here you disagree with). Isn't your comment about the rankings trolling??

The fact that you ain't made one sensible post on this thread is his point. Well that's my guess.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Interesting to hear you quote Ripon. I've played a good number of courses in N Yorks but not there. I quite fancy it from the pictures, what made it so tough?

Sorry for delay. It's the front nine, if you can find it! You play the first then wander over to the next hole to the right. But it's not the 2nd, yes I should have looked at the signs. THe second is located through the wall. Who knew. But this is where the "fun" starts. Drives over ravines. Blind t shots. Tight fairways. Impossible par three's where a green is sat on a plateau 20 meters in the sky 180 meters from the tee. I played it back to front 1, then 11 to 18 then 1 again then 2 to 9. And all in a lovely bright yellow top which attracted MILLIONS of tiny black flies which both landed on me and followed by around the course. I looked like pig pen off Charlie Brown!!! I kid you not.
The holes 11 - 18 are fine, nice island green one er 14th??????? But the front nine? You need to play with a member who can advise on lines to hit the ball, or which holes to just mark a 8 on the card and have a nice walk down.

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe the trees are so tall it gives the perception of "narrow," and stood on the fairway it's not as bad as it looks from the tee.... but you are the only person I've ever heard say that! :)

Keeping the non-links, fair weather theme going... another vote for St Mellion. Poor shots are punished, and some not that poor shots are punished too... I a;ways enjpy it there, but I know what to expect!

I also don’t think the Duchess is that tight, there are a few tee shots where it has a feeling of being but nothing compared to my course which has some tight tee shots.

I actually think the Marquess is a harder course out of the three of them

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also don’t think the Duchess is that tight, there are a few tee shots where it has a feeling of being but nothing compared to my course which has some tight tee shots.

I actually think the Marquess is a harder course out of the three of them
I'm surprised by that, Duchess is mega tight, especially off the back tees.

Marquess is only tough because its long, its very wide, with tons of birdie opportunities - its easily my favourite of the three courses

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm surprised by that, Duchess is mega tight, especially off the back tees.

Marquess is only tough because its long, its very wide, with tons of birdie opportunities - its easily my favourite of the three courses

That’s the difference between the two of us - I have managed to go around both the Dukes and Duchess in par of the backs but just about matched my HC around the Marquess - my bro in law is like you though , prefers the Marquess because it’s long an wide