Vardon
Hagen
Jones
Cotton
Hogan

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ben Crenshaw - early memories of him holing out from everywhere with blond hair !
Lee Trevino - great memories watching him on pro- celebrity golf
Ian Poulter - hard work and graft. No landed wealth got him to the top, i love that about him
Monty - proof that you don't need to be an athlete to be half decent ,
Seve - no words needed

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Nicklaus - not my era at all, but everything I see from old footage to interviews to his tweets from him & Barbara just ooze class
McIlroy - the reason I took up playing golf and (primarily) switch on the TV to watch it
Tiger - not sure I actually 'like' him, but he is a favourite in terms of who I'd want to see / watch and the man is a golfing legend.
DJ - just a big, easy going, languid, goofball. Not much between the ears and that's part of the appeal
Palmer - when I see footage of him or seen him for the few years I was into golf before he died, he just generated an automatic fondness.

Feel like I should have said Clarke (urgh!) or McDowell (I do like him though) or Harrington (zzzz) out of some geographic loyalty but just couldn't, but do appreciate their achievements!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Monty - genuinely one of the best golfers of the last 50 years. Winning majors in over rated. If there were 3 majors in Europe and 1 in the states, he'd have a pile of them. Ryder Cup record speaks for itself.
Rory - just an electric guy that I will always tune in to watch.
Poulter - love the grit and the Ryder Cup record is phenomenal
Sergio - charismatic guy who I have always rooted for.
Westy - similar to Monty, genuinely a class player for 3 decades. Would have loved him to get a major, and who knows - he might still.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Arnie
Jack
Seve
Sandy
Tiger

All golfers I would pay money to watch, and you must be good if you are recognise by just your Christian name

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Grew up in Oz so no suprise the great white shark No1! Watched him at quite a few Ozzy opens and also here at the open at st Andrews, just a joy to watch him go full tilt at everything, what a player....
No2 Tiger of course, another I've been lucky enough to watch a few times and, well, he's just the man isn't he
No3 Trevino. my fave YouTube go to, fabulous shotmaker and the epitome of play with what you've got,only impact matters, sadly didn't see him play
No4 Freddie couples just because of his swing and relaxed swagger,do you think Freddie has ever been lonely on a Saturday night? another great gallery to have been in 😎
No5 What list is complete without Seve!? His RC antics alone with JMO enough for hall of fame! Just his name explanation enough

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Monty - genuinely one of the best golfers of the last 50 years. Winning majors in over rated. If there were 3 majors in Europe and 1 in the states, he'd have a pile of them. Ryder Cup record speaks for itself.
Rory - just an electric guy that I will always tune in to watch.
Poulter - love the grit and the Ryder Cup record is phenomenal
Sergio - charismatic guy who I have always rooted for.
Westy - similar to Monty, genuinely a class player for 3 decades. Would have loved him to get a major, and who knows - he might still.

thought i was on the unpopular opinions thread for a moment :)