Top Five All Time Favorite Golfers

Hoganman1

Visit site
Who are your all-time favorite players. Mine are: Ben Hogan, Seve Ballesteros, Jack Nicklaus, Ben Crenshaw and Walter Hagen in that order. Although I never saw Hogan or Hagen play, I've read about them extensively and watch them on film enough to be very familiar with both men.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Tiger Woods, simply the best golfer I’ve ever seen. I fully accept they’re are many greats, but I never saw any of them play.

Ian Poulter, simply for his Ryder Cup exploits. And twitter!

Bryson DeChambeau, I really like his quirky persona, and the fact my eldest has given him a silly name.

Garcia, almost the best ever to not win a major imo. Thankfully he got that done. Also my first memory of watching with my daughter (the following year when he went splash and splash again)!my daughters favourite.

Matsuyama, I like his pause and the disdain he has for shots that fly down the middle!

D

Deleted member 15344

Faldo
Westwood
Garcia
Seve
Rory

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only started watching and playing golf in the last 6 years, so a lot of recency bias here, but I'd go:

Tiger - Always been fascinated by watching the very best at their field and Tiger was that, so getting to experience a little taste of that in the last year and a bit in his most recent comeback has been a joy, especially after coming to golf just as his real struggles started. I've gone back and watched the great performances in the 2000s and was in awe, I love watching Tiger play.
Rory - Love his swing, think he comes across great in interviews - is one of my favourite NLU guests of all-time, will always support Rory
Pepperell - Great guy, doesn't pull any punches in the media but starting to prove himself as a top player in the last year or so as well which has been a joy. Big fan of Eddie, another star of the NLU pod
Fleetwood - How can you not love Tommy Fleetwood? The man's a legend. An Everton fan, has overcome adversity to become one of the best players in the world, he's awesome.
Olesen - One of the guys I was first drawn to when I started watching golf seriously. Absolutely love his golf swing, seems like an awesome dude and it's been nice to see him rise through the ranks and make it to the Ryder Cup. Think he's got everything to become a top player.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
my all time favourite golfer is Lee Westwood,
Seve with his contageous character is also high on the list as is Trevino and BIG JACK. and i cant leave out Tiger.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Past Mens
Harry Vardon
Sam Snead
Ben Hogan
Jack Nicklaus
Seve Ballesteros
(And I'm going to include Greg Norman as one of the greatest persimmon drivers ever, although I wasn't a fan back in the day.)

Current Mens
Tiger Woods
Justin Rose
Patrick Reed
Padraig Harrington
Matthew Fitzpatrick

Womens
Joyce Wethered
Laura Davies
Charlie Hull
Annika Sorenstam
Babe Zaharias