Top 100 changes

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

So the new rankings are out and causing the usual debate. So which ONE course would you kick out of the top 100?

D

Deleted member 15344

Agree, only played it the once and I didn't get it at all.

I can see within the next 2 top 100 lists that RND will be out and the Belfry will also be gone.
I think it all depends on how their course changes go - it would be a shame for it to drop out because it is a golfing experience and all that history

D

Deleted member 21258

I quite liked the belfry and thought it was in great shape when we played it.

Played about a quarter of the courses, think out of them I would put North Berwick and probably Aberdovey into the top 200 category.

D

Deleted member 17920

I quite liked the belfry and thought it was in great shape when we played it.

Played about a quarter of the courses, think out of them I would put North Berwick and probably Aberdovey into the top 200 category.
North Berwick top 200 :eek:

Its a fantastic course so is so enjoyable it makes you want to go back out and play it again.

Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning Darren :LOL:

D

Deleted member 21258

North Berwick top 200 :eek:

Its a fantastic course so is so enjoyable it makes you want to go back out and play it again.

Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning Darren :LOL:

I got stung last night, maybe that's it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The funny thing was I picked North Berwick over Gullane, after reading some posts of yours on here. Wish I had picked Gullane :p:p:p:p

I thought NB course was a bit gimmicky for my liking on a number of the holes and very compact(on top of each other) and not actually that hard a test of golf. :embarrassed:

It was very well looked after, had quite a number of great holes(even got to play my ball off the beach on one hole 2nd iirc, was great fun climbing down) and felt similar to TOC at the beginning due to its setting and the 18th. So lots of pluses for sure.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Everyone will say the Brabazon... and I am not going to disagree. Its only just a better than average Hotel Course, but not top 100. A couple famous holes and the rest decent, but that's being kind. No better than the 2010.... possibly worse! At least the 2010 has some decent Usk Valley scenery!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
TBH, i' surprised we only dropped 5 places. Course in worst condition since i joined, Greens poor for most of the season and the sodding hoops all over the course for most of the summer, some parts haven't been walked on in 2 years yet they are forever roped off. GKs took away a load o gorse and left a mess in particular the 12th. I'm not convinced our committee or Course manages have a clue. That a good 15 places in 8 years we have dropped. course is scruffy in parts and all you get from the Com how great the place is.... sheer hit is going to hit the fan at the next AGM i hope... many members not happy and another 8%increase in fee's on the cards

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think that the Brabazon is just an easy bandwagon to jump on.

It has more than two good holes and is always in top condition.

Maybe it's because it's a hotel course that some will look down their noses at it, or that there are a lot of corporate hackers on the course.
If it were heath land then I'm sure it would be much more appreciated.

What lets it down in my eyes is the fact that the website doesn't have a proper hole by hole guide!
I'd have thought that was a prerequisite for any top course these days. All it seems to have are some crappy graphic flyovers that look to have been created when the Sinclair Spectrum was cutting edge.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
For me the Brabazon is the one I'd get rid of although for me The Grove is another that I think is too high. I've played it four or five times and while I enjoy the whole atmosphere and the way you're treated, especially if you stay in the hotel as well (and the food is exquisite) but there are a few holes on there I find bland. I use to like it but for some reason its waning on me

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trevose for me, it’s an average links course. RND is marmite but I like marmite. The brabazon was really good when I played it in sept, it justifies its position for me, it’s a far better course than 2010.