To all you non members out there...

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
What do you do to ensure you get regular golf?
I'm going from being a member of a club for the last 6 years back to being free and easy.
I'm looking forward to playing different courses again but it feels like there is a fear that I just wont manage to get any games with all of my mates being members elsewhere and primarily playing in comps.
I've enquired about a local society but they seem to play during the week so I'll struggle with that working mon-fri.

I think I'd probably like to join another club but I'm really looking for more of an associate/flexible membership trying to manage family time/golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Where do you play. Lots of clubs run points schemes where you pay to be a member and are given xx amount of credits to redeem against green fees and can top up if necessary. Midweek rounds usually cheaper so if you are flexible on when you can play you should get some good deals

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't, if I could play regular golf I would get a membership.

As I am very short on time I play local 9 hole courses. At my local par three I can but 10 round tickets at a discount. I play when I have the time, if not it costs me nothing.

Another course offers a discount rate for a one off cost. £150 for one year of half price rounds. 20 weekend rounds to break even.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
play more golf may be the solution, pay a certain amount that then gives you credits which can be redeemed against rounds, this helps to obtain/maintain an official competition handicap, then visit golfempire or happygolf and take your pick from thousands of opens, competition golf at an affordable level

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
I still have not joined a club but am using teeoftimes app regularly - have played some really lovely courses, have used the hot times a lot and so dar am quids in v a club membership and am averaging 2.5 rounds a week

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at all options for next season. A course near me offers to monitor your H/C / reduced fees on rounds / comps for a small fee. This would mean I could play in different clubs opens as well as using online booking for teetimes. Have you got a place that does this?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The reason why I left my club because I couldn't play regular golf, still the same not being a member. I play maybe once or twice a month, just depends what's happening in non golf world.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
There are a few options near me, I'm based around the Retford area and there are a couple of courses that offer the flexible memberships so that may be option for me. Unfortunately though all of my playing partners are all at clubs where full membership is the only option.
It seems like a choice for me now to start at a new club and meet new members or start playing on my own a bit more whenever I can't get signed on as a visitor.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Have a look at thesocialgolfer.com . I use it in the Essex area but there seems to be plenty of members in your area , £25 per year for full membership which allows you to arrange or join games , track your handicap . I get a game every week , met some great people and played many courses .

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Just perfect 👏 saved a fortune this year and had some great #AwayDays

QUOTE=full_throttle;1743161]play more golf may be the solution, pay a certain amount that then gives you credits which can be redeemed against rounds, this helps to obtain/maintain an official competition handicap, then visit golfempire or happygolf and take your pick from thousands of opens, competition golf at an affordable level[/QUOTE]