TM Penta GolfBalls

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry for asking a load of old balls again.
But just ordered two boxes of the above. Whilst on offer. What are the views of those that have tried them please.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
They were ok but if found them too spiny and they ballooned on iron shots resulting in loss of distances, they didn't scuff up as easily as a pro v (when I could keep them!) An ok ball but, for me, there are better.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
I love em compared to the pro v although i'll happily use any premium ball.they just feel right off every club for me and check up nicely.fly nice and straight off the long clubs and stop quick on the shirt ones. They're a bit more clicky than the pro v,but that suits me as i use softer than butter forged blades.great ball,especially for the prices just now

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cue Homer....................................... he uses them!!!

Got two dozen off the father in law for Chrimbo. I hate them and doing my best to donate them to various spots around Royal Ascot. They feel soft off the driver and are definitely shorter than the Pro V, Z Star or Bridgestone 330 RXS i prefer. Pudding like off the putter they are not for me. The 3 piece version might be better and I'll try a sleeve once I've lost these

beck9965

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried these at the weekend and was very impressed with them, they went very straight and distance wise were equal to any premium ball i've tried in the past.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've got quite a few of these, my dog appears to be able to sniff out a TM penta and not a Prov1.

I don't like them, don't know what it is about them. Not a patch on the old TP red or black they replaced.

T

thecraw

TP RED LDP was a cracking ball. Penta, I'll use but wouldn't be my first choice ball.

I think I'm the only one who likes the Callaway i(s). Looking forward to trying my new Callaways, I've got half a dozen of these to lose at Machrihanish.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently the new TP3 is close to the old LDP Black, not seen any reviews of it yet though. It would be a shame if it wasn't closer to the Red though :(

I would note that some people have compared the new TP5 to the old Red ... Not tried the new one myself though

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
TP RED LDP was a cracking ball. Penta, I'll use but wouldn't be my first choice ball.

I think I'm the only one who likes the Callaway i(s). Looking forward to trying my new Callaways, I've got half a dozen of these to lose at Machrihanish.

I'm with you on the Cally Crawford!!

I've found a few Penta's and used them - they work reasonably well, to my mind not really any better or worse than any other premium ball.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got a couple of cheap boxes of these when I bought my R11 driver. Jury's out to be honest, I quite like the feel but think I lose a bit of distance although probably not a significant amount.

Was using Callaway i(s) before and probably preferred them.