Titleist TS2

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone had a go of one of these yet.
Might be in market for new driver and like the look of this.
Fitting will be the way to go.

I have a ping G400 now but losing distance as I get older .

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Yes, been n the bag for just over a week, had 2 full rounds and a couple 9 holes. Lost a ball with the very first drive with it, and as it happens the 3rd drive :ROFLMAO: but those were swing issues.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, been n the bag for just over a week, had 2 full rounds and a couple 9 holes. Lost a ball with the very first drive with it, and as it happens the 3rd drive :ROFLMAO: but those were swing issues.
So all negative then?
I was hoping for it’s 30yds longer than my ping

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Nothing negative about it, put a bad swing on the best ever club and it'll be a bad shot, simples really. 30 yards you say....a tad ambitious but I need to play a full 18 at mine first before I can say distance gained as the two rounds I've played weren't at mine, however, so far, it's longer than my 915.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing negative about it, put a bad swing on the best ever club and it'll be a bad shot, simples really. 30 yards you say....a tad ambitious but I need to play a full 18 at mine first before I can say distance gained as the two rounds I've played weren't at mine, however, so far, it's longer than my 915.
I was only joking .
Looks like the price is putting most off.
Or the timing of launch at end of the season here anyway.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I was only joking .
Looks like the price is putting most off.
Or the timing of launch at end of the season here anyway.

Titleist would disagree, as I think there is strategy in a late season launch. My self and another from our club bought one at the fitting we had, so hasn't put us off, but yes crazy price but we did get them at a fair bit less than seen advertised elsewhere.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Titleist would disagree, as I think there is strategy in a late season launch. My self and another from our club bought one at the fitting we had, so hasn't put us off, but yes crazy price but we did get them at a fair bit less than seen advertised elsewhere.

Price is irrelevant, what gains did you get

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I do see that most good players change clubs late so they can get used to them over winter for the new season so that is maybe their reasoning.
15 yds is a good gain that will do for me.
Going to have a fitting after my hols next week.

What’s the feel ,noise like , off centre hits as I find the ping a bit dead and off centre feels the same as middling it.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Played 18 this morning and this goes for miles, unquestionably 15 or further today, I had to use my 3 wood on 3 holes due to concerns about running out of room. As for off centre hits, you'd hardly know. If you find a poor review of these drivers post it up cause I watched every one, and everyone sings their praise.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 18 this morning and this goes for miles, unquestionably 15 or further today, I had to use my 3 wood on 3 holes due to concerns about running out of room. As for off centre hits, you'd hardly know. If you find a poor review of these drivers post it up cause I watched everyone, and everyone sings their praise.
Ok thanks I am going to have one I think.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a day off today so went for fitting
11.5 TS2 hazadus 6.0 stiff.
Flushed this from the start , the fitter knows me quite well and gave me this from the start.
Tried the other shafts but not as good.

Very easy to swing and looks very square at address.
99mph swing speed 239carry so 250/260 total.
Playing tomorrow before I go on my jolly’s .

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Had a day off today so went for fitting
11.5 TS2 hazadus 6.0 stiff.
Flushed this from the start , the fitter knows me quite well and gave me this from the start.
Tried the other shafts but not as good.

Very easy to swing and looks very square at address.
99mph swing speed 239carry so 250/260 total.
Playing tomorrow before I go on my jolly’s .

Again it shows how everyone is unique when it comes to fitting. I was 10.5 in C2 setting, which is delofted .75 with a Kuru Kage shaft, my carry around the 245-250 mark, up from 235 with my 915 but for me it's the way it comes off the face, everything feels middled, whether it is or not.