Titleist Tour Speed

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Planning to do an on-course test on Friday Tour Speed v Q Star Tour. Both urethane cover, both 3 piece so pretty comparable. Three holes on the course as I normally do and then chips, pitches and bunker shots and back to the putting green for some putting comparison.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Planning to do an on-course test on Friday Tour Speed v Q Star Tour. Both urethane cover, both 3 piece so pretty comparable. Three holes on the course as I normally do and then chips, pitches and bunker shots and back to the putting green for some putting comparison.
Will be interested in this since I'm strongly considering making Q-Star Tour my golf ball next summer. (y)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Out of the balls that have been through the ball lab, the one that seems to come out best is the Snell, and if you scroll a bit further down the Vice Pro Plus comes out very well against the Pro V1x.

I might have to spend more time there.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Out of the balls that have been through the ball lab, the one that seems to come out best is the Snell, and if you scroll a bit further down the Vice Pro Plus comes out very well against the Pro V1x.

I might have to spend more time there.

The snells are good balls mate.
I gladly donated about a dozen to the trees at forest pines last year!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The snells are good balls mate.
I gladly donated about a dozen to the trees at forest pines last year!

No argument there mate, I've tried them & don't dislike them, just not sure which of the two I prefer.

Was just a bit surprised that a relatively small company outdid Taylor Made, even given Dean Snell's track record.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No argument there mate, I've tried them & don't dislike them, just not sure which of the two I prefer.

Was just a bit surprised that a relatively small company outdid Taylor Made, even given Dean Snell's track record.

I preferred the mtbx as they felt former when putting

I’ve just had 3 trail “cut grey” golf balls delivered so will be losing them at some stage

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
funny enough, i had one today that did some strange things in the air, changed direction like a crap range ball mid flight. on closer inspection it did look a bit of a funny shape. 1st one though out of 3 boxes i've used this year

I played with one Sunday and wasn't overly impressed. Couple of odd flights with reasonably struck irons and distance (lack of) seemed an issue

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry but I find this talk of different golf balls a load of.................well balls.

I honestly don't notice any massive difference between any of the balls. Perhaps when chipping or putting I might notice the difference between a ProV and a Pinnacle, but certainly not enough to be able to say I prefer one premium ball to another or one mid range ball to another. If I find a Pro V, Callaway, Srixon or a Bridgestone I can guarantee you one thing, its going in the bag and soon after that back in a bush for someone else to find .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry but I find this talk of different golf balls a load of.................well balls.

I honestly don't notice any massive difference between any of the balls. Perhaps when chipping or putting I might notice the difference between a ProV and a Pinnacle, but certainly not enough to be able to say I prefer one premium ball to another or one mid range ball to another. If I find a Pro V, Callaway, Srixon or a Bridgestone I can guarantee you one thing, its going in the bag and soon after that back in a bush for someone else to find .

You make valid points and I have said on here many times that many golfers wouldn't tell a premium ball from a mid-range ball in a blind test. Granted some of the cheaper rocks would be distinguishable but otherwise I doubt many will tell any differences. The point of the video I plan to make is to put two urethane covered three piece balls side to side and see if I can see any noticeable differences, especially given the information about the Q Star Tour perhaps not having the most centred core