Titleist club fit.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had my final fitting session Last night. I tried the 755, the 735 cm and the 695MB.

Recent swing changes have shone through and i was swinging the club really well.

In previous lessons the lie board and tape showed that i was hitting a really flat lie club, still out of the heel. this is why i had the swing changes. made my posture better and also changed my swing plane.

The 755 had a little bit too much offset for me and i didnt like the feel of the club as much. So it was down to the 695mb, and 735cm. As some of you know i really like the look of the 695mb. i hit the club quite well but i hit the 735 better. the ball flight was pretty much optimum for both clubs but i really prefered the feel of the cut muscle style
735cm titlest iron. I hit both clubs throughout out the session and the clubs spoke for them selves. it didnt come down to looks it came down to the feel. Like i said the 735cm won the day the a long shot. The 695 was nice still but it wasnt enough. I strongly advise people to forget looks as much as possible when choosing a set it helps if they do look nice but its all about striking the ball and getting the feedback that you want. I didnt struggle at all to hit a draw shot which i do a little with my current set of pings.

I found out that i need a 2 degrees flat lie angle. And i will be fitted with dynamic gold s300 shafts. Now Its just up to me to sort out when i can afford them and get the ball rolling.

I know for a fact that just using the right club specified to me that im going to lower my score, without a doubt. just by hitting the shots last night. Obviously not by much because short game holds the key to good scoring, but im definitely going to hit a few more par threes and a few more greens.

Hope all will gain something from my experiance.

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
I hope you got to hit them of grass rather than a range mat, cant vouch for anybody else but i find it a lot easier to hit ball of a range mat rather than grass, i think the mat hides alot of the bad contact sometimes you get of grass, what lie are your pings.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hope you got to hit them of grass rather than a range mat, cant vouch for anybody else but i find it a lot easier to hit ball of a range mat rather than grass, i think the mat hides alot of the bad contact sometimes you get of grass, what lie are your pings.

My pings are 3 degrees upright!

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
Well that just goes to show what i have been saying for weeks that club fitting is of no use until you can groove some sort of swing, thats quite a big change from 3 degrees upright to degrees flat, over the past 5 years i have been fitted twice for irons, both fitters said i needed 2 degree flat, i have now given up on them i am now using standard lie clubs and hitting the ball better than i have done for years.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well that just goes to show what i have been saying for weeks that club fitting is of no use until you can groove some sort of swing, thats quite a big change from 3 degrees upright to degrees flat, over the past 5 years i have been fitted twice for irons, both fitters said i needed 2 degree flat, i have now given up on them i am now using standard lie clubs and hitting the ball better than i have done for years.

when i got the 3 degrees upright club i filled in the ping online fitting sheet so they were wrong from the word go.

"For those who dont know the ping online fitting sheet is total nonsense and should be ignored at all costs!!!".

As i was pretty new to the technicalities of golf nor had i any lessons i didnt know the difference, i just relied on my clubs being right. What ive noticed is that to get the desired ball flight with them clubs, i have had to manipulate my swing so much that it has restricted me in what i can do . Now with my new clubs I can hit more variety of shots with ease. it really has made that much of a difference. I first noticed after my wedge fit . Ive had my gap wedge for a good few weeks now and i find that it is easy to control.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
HTL as im getting the 735cms and not the 695mb. I dont need to get red grips. I might get blue or sky blue but the red is still an option. Dont fancy the other colors at the mo.

T

thecraw

when i got the 3 degrees upright club i filled in the ping online fitting sheet so they were wrong from the word go.

"For those who dont know the ping online fitting sheet is total nonsense and should be ignored at all costs!!!".

As i was pretty new to the technicalities of golf nor had i any lessons i didnt know the difference, i just relied on my clubs being right. What ive noticed is that to get the desired ball flight with them clubs, i have had to manipulate my swing so much that it has restricted me in what i can do . Now with my new clubs I can hit more variety of shots with ease. it really has made that much of a difference. I first noticed after my wedge fit . Ive had my gap wedge for a good few weeks now and i find that it is easy to control.

Utter p1sh. Ping are the leaders in custom fit and have been for years. I was custom fitted by Ping for my irons and I couldnt be happier with them. I have also done the online measurements and fitting guide and guess what? I came out as green dot again. I have also been fitted by Ping for my driver and again cant fault them for professionalism and service. I am also over the moon with my driver.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Utter p1sh. Ping are the leaders in custom fit and have been for years. I was custom fitted by Ping for my irons and I couldnt be happier with them. I have also done the online measurements and fitting guide and guess what? I came out as green dot again. I have also been fitted by Ping for my driver and again cant fault them for professionalism and service. I am also over the moon with my driver.

Its not a load of P1sh at all. If you done the online test and match ed up with your session that would be a coincidence. As said in previous custom fitting threads your heigth and wrist to the floor has absolutely bugger all to do with lie angle at impact. the whole point of the ping custom fit chart is that people can get fit themselves online and order clubs without having to train as many people to fit ping stuff.

Ok just think of this. Just a few factors why its nonsense to fit someone of a chart.

Posture- more bent over more upright stance, knees more flexed or less flexed. Some people with the same height measurements have longer legs or shorter legs with longer bodys which affects the hips and how they bend over. some people are fat some people are thin. im a big bloke so i dont have the room to swing freely as a skinny sod, so i have to lean forward a bit more to compensate this. these factors will change a persons height at address and impact which in turn makes the club LIE at a different angle. this means that know matter your height or wrist to the floor everyone is a different shape and has a different style so the PING chart means F all!!!!.

Swing plane- someone who attacks the ball from the inside on the way back down will hit shots further out of the heel as opposed to a steeper angle of attack which will bring the toe into action more. This point alone destroys the custom fitting chart by itself. as its about the swing not the height etc.

there you go i could of just written the first point as that made enough sense to make the chart nonsense but i threw the second one in there for those who still arent sure.

With out a doubt PING clubs are good clubs there new s58 irons are quality the G5 driver and rescues are very very good. But customer service is poor ive had to send 4 poorly built clubs back and took ages for them to return them to me. and of course there custom fitting chart is a proper con.

The only way to get fitted is with a proper fitting pro with a lie board and tape or a DECENT Launch monitor.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apologies for those who are bored of the custom fitting threads, its just i need to get a point across. Its for your sakes not mine i got a decent fitted set of clubs and know how to get another set if i need.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
bored of the custom fitting threads, its just i need to get a point across.

Its for your sakes not mine i got a decent fitted set of clubs and know how to get another set if i need.

MVP. You are 100% right. After a couple of hundred postings on most threads usually totally unrelated to custom fitting, I am unbelieveably bored with the subject and I think that you have got your point across whether or not anyone wants to agree with it.

And please don't be so patronising. You didn't get a "decent fitted set for MY benefit". Let me decide if I want to custom fit or not. Personally, if I had just been fitted with new clubs, I wouldn't already be thinking about the next set. I was brought up in an era ..... oh s4it, I really can't be bothered any more.............

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
bored of the custom fitting threads, its just i need to get a point across.

Its for your sakes not mine, i got a decent fitted set of clubs and know how to get another set if i need.

MVP. You are 100% right. After a couple of hundred postings on most threads usually totally unrelated to custom fitting, I am unbelieveably bored with the subject and I think that you have got your point across whether or not anyone wants to agree with it.

And please don't be so patronising. You didn't get a "decent fitted set for MY benefit". Let me decide if I want to custom fit or not. Personally, if I had just been fitted with new clubs, I wouldn't already be thinking about the next set. I was brought up in an era ..... oh s4it, I really can't be bothered any more.............

Read the post properly NUMB NUTS. Im explaining to the craw the ping custom fitting chart is nonsense not telling you to get fitted, decide for your self!! .!
Dont bother posting on this thread if its going to be abusive towards me. Selfish idiot. why on earth do you devote your time into writing a post slating me ! If you dont like it dont read it and dont reply. what i put on here is for others who are interested in reading it not negative morons who dont even understand. I didnt even ask for your opinion on the subject. Now clear off you time wasting old fool.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apologies for those who are bored of the custom fitting threads, its just i need to get a point across............................................................

ENOUGH ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!

WE GET YOUR F****N' POINT AND WE HAVE HAD IT EVERY TWO DAYS FOR 3 WEEKS NOW !!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
Mvp, you are sounding like one of the guys that sit in the clubhouse an talk about the biggest load of p...h that nobody ever listens to, just go out with your custom fit clubs and hit the F....N ball, i look forward to hearing about your better scores, not face angles, 25 degree flat or 10 degree upright, have a nice day.