Titleist AP3

micklson66

Visit site
I’ve just ordered a set and I’m excited!

Just thought I’d share.

What made you change ?
Ive been playing AP1s for past couple of years and think they are a good club.
Not sure if there is a big difference with AP3s
Hope they are a good match for you though

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
What made you change ?
Ive been playing AP1s for past couple of years and think they are a good club.
Not sure if there is a big difference with AP3s
Hope they are a good match for you though

I've been trying out both the new 718 AP1's and 3's. The 3's are basically a better players version of the AP1's, similar performance and lofts in a sleaker slightly less forgiving package. They do look really nice at address. I am swaying towards the AP1's though as they have more forgiveness out towards the toe which tends to be my miss. This gives me much better dispersion grouping particularly long to short.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've been trying out both the new 718 AP1's and 3's. The 3's are basically a better players version of the AP1's, similar performance and lofts in a sleaker slightly less forgiving package. They do look really nice at address. I am swaying towards the AP1's though as they have more forgiveness out towards the toe which tends to be my miss. This gives me much better dispersion grouping particularly long to short.

I adore the look of the AP3s and feel like a million dollars with mine in my hand but unfortunately my game with them in hand has turned to absolute toilet so i'm cutting my losses and going to AP1s with project X 5.5. My misses are also out of the toe and with this combination i'm at least hoping to get it round !!!

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
For what it was worth, I played 716 AP1 for two years before switching to my 718 AP3 last month.

Firstly I decided to change as I feel out of love with the looks and found the shafts in the AP1s too heavy

However I did find that there were random times when I found the AP1s to be really hot off the face, so instead of 8i going 130 yards it would fly 145 yards, which at the time could not understand, but having had the AP3s for a month what I think the issue was that the wider sole and my steep inconsistent swing would mean that they would dig, which I have not found with the AP3s, and they seem a lot more consistent off the face.

I have played about 10 rounds with my AP3s and love the feel and the looks of them, and a bonus is that the lofts are the same as the 716 AP1, the 718 AP1s are stronger still

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've gone AP 1 since just before Xmas and love em. I tried all the range but the better numbers were the 1's.

Good luck with yours !

micklson66

Visit site

Hope you make the right choice. I think i need to stick with the 716 AP1's due to being more forgiving.
Like apj said though, i find i sometimes get a lot extra difference from them, especially the p/w
I'm trying to stay away from shops at the moment as every time i pick up the new sets i have a real problem putting them back down. Always tempting to splash out but i keep telling myself its my swing i need to sort out first :(

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
Hope you make the right choice. I think i need to stick with the 716 AP1's due to being more forgiving.
Like apj said though, i find i sometimes get a lot extra difference from them, especially the p/w
I'm trying to stay away from shops at the moment as every time i pick up the new sets i have a real problem putting them back down. Always tempting to splash out but i keep telling myself its my swing i need to sort out first :(

Heart says AP3's... well actual heart says CB's but head says Ap1's so head will win as golf is hard enough without adding to it. Only downside I see is I'm going to have to rejig hybrid and wedge set up as well to fit with the iron lofts. Could get expensive