Titleist ap3 ??callaway apex cf19??

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m still yet to take the plunge into a new set of irons but after speaking to my local pro he’s mentioned trying either of the above and I’m having a fitting /trial with the above on Monday what’s people’s thoughts on the spec and ap3 anyone play them if so what do they think ,look wise I’m loving the ap3 but want to see how they perform first and if they work for me .

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had my AP3's just over a year now. First set I've kept this long for about 12 years. I'm in no rush to move them on at all. The long irons, which have plagued me for years, are very good.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Had my AP3's just over a year now. First set I've kept this long for about 12 years. I'm in no rush to move them on at all. The long irons, which have plagued me for years, are very good.
I’ve read the long irons are very good what about the short irons ?and how forgiving do you find them ?

D

Deleted member 3432

I’m still yet to take the plunge into a new set of irons but after speaking to my local pro he’s mentioned trying either of the above and I’m having a fitting /trial with the above on Monday what’s people’s thoughts on the spec and ap3 anyone play them if so what do they think ,look wise I’m loving the ap3 but want to see how they perform first and if they work for me .

No bad irons out there, as long as you get fit into a shaft that works for your swing you will be good.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had AP3s a year now ,love them I got fitted into Project x LZ 5.5.
Look good decent forgiveness
I can shape the ball with them so that’s a big bonus .
Only thing is strong lofts so 9 iron is more like an 8iron but once you dial in it’s no prob.
Need to gap your wedges though as pw is very strong.

At the end of it it’s what suits your eye there’s no bad clubs today in this price range ,
So take your time and try as many as you can.
New ping 410 is out but I havnt seen one in the flesh , worth a look.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Had AP3s a year now ,love them I got fitted into Project x LZ 5.5.
Look good decent forgiveness
I can shape the ball with them so that’s a big bonus .
Only thing is strong lofts so 9 iron is more like an 8iron but once you dial in it’s no prob.
Need to gap your wedges though as pw is very strong.

At the end of it it’s what suits your eye there’s no bad clubs today in this price range ,
So take your time and try as many as you can.
New ping 410 is out but I havnt seen one in the flesh , worth a look.
I’ve never been a fan of the ping irons I had a go of my friends ping g irons the other day the height you get on the 5 iron was insane and easy to hit just didn’t like the look of them but interesting to hit maybe the g700 which is they’re equivalent to the ap3 and t/m p790

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’ve read the long irons are very good what about the short irons ?and how forgiving do you find them ?

I find them very forgiving, thank god. However, check the lofts of the short irons against what you have. They are strong lofts, and there is a gap between PW and SW that I had to fill. Yes, the dynamic lofts might well be ok but it was a concern.

Good enough for second place today, although I did hit a wedge 140yds and out the back of one green.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I find them very forgiving, thank god. However, check the lofts of the short irons against what you have. They are strong lofts, and there is a gap between PW and SW that I had to fill. Yes, the dynamic lofts might well be ok but it was a concern.

Good enough for second place today, although I did hit a wedge 140yds and out the back of one green.
What sort of wedge set up do you play with them being so strong loft wise ?I got a feeling my 50, 54 ,58 wedges will have to be replaced if I pull the trigger on a set .

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
What sort of wedge set up do you play with them being so strong loft wise ?I got a feeling my 50, 54 ,58 wedges will have to be replaced if I pull the trigger on a set .

I have AP3 and love them, wedges took me a while to settle on, 46CBX, 50 RTX4 and 54 RTX2 works for me, I might try a 56 in the summer

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never been a fan of the ping irons I had a go of my friends ping g irons the other day the height you get on the 5 iron was insane and easy to hit just didn’t like the look of them but interesting to hit maybe the g700 which is they’re equivalent to the ap3 and t/m p790
I found the G700 had to much offset and pulled everything with them.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger on a new set of AP3s today after trying all sorts of combinations of shaft and different heads in the studio they just flat out performed for me and are so easy to hit couldn’t believe how easy the 5 iron was to hit and pretty forgiving one happy golfer just got to wait until next week for them to come in now .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger on a new set of AP3s today after trying all sorts of combinations of shaft and different heads in the studio they just flat out performed for me and are so easy to hit couldn’t believe how easy the 5 iron was to hit and pretty forgiving one happy golfer just got to wait until next week for them to come in now .
Nice .i love mine .