Tip: How to avoid losing your Game Golf device on the course

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are a few Game Golfers on here so I thought I'd share this wee tip.

Having forked out nearly £150 I'm obviously pretty reluctant to be losing my little Game Golf device on the course. The belt clip IS pretty secure but when you bend down there is a slight chance of it slipping off your belt and losing it, meaning a rather fretful run back up the fairway to the last position you used it.

Think I've found an easy solution. A kind of belt and braces exercise, so to speak.

1. Take a little loop of chord or rope about a foot long and tie the ends

2. Loop it though the belt loop on your trousers, thus;-

3. Clip your Game Golf device onto the chord like this

4. Attach the device to your trousers/belt in the usual way

Now, if the device slips up off your belt/trousers it's still attached to the chord which is attached to your belt loop. I know it doesn't look pretty but I tend to use the device out of site, under my jumper, anyway. It still detects the tag that way so no real problems.

Aaaannnnnddddd relax. :)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Perfect. mine fell off twice last round, also as you tag the club, you push the device slightly upwards, and if its hanging on by a whisker, could be enough to help it fall off.

I shall make my own string thing and it shall be known as the JFK (John Findlay Kontraption) :)

D

Deleted member 16999

Perfect. mine fell off twice last round, also as you tag the club, you push the device slightly upwards, and if its hanging on by a whisker, could be enough to help it fall off.

I shall make my own string thing and it shall be known as the JFK (John Findlay Kontraption) :)

:whoo: :rofl:

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shucks. I'm blushing, Phil. :)

However, after DaveL's idea I've already adapted the system to comprise a double loop around the clip on the device (mega secure), lengthening it to 18 inches and this is how it will sit in my golf bag.

Now it's simply a matter of threading the knotted end through your trouser belt loop and feeding the device through the chord. Perfection!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A very simple but very good idea, I'm planning on getting myself one of these when ive got the spare cash so that will come in useful. Only 1 question though, shouldn't you be custom fitted for your loop?!?:D

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
With regard to custom fitting, i'd suggest obtaining a number of different coloured pieces of cord so that you can match to the colour of your trousers, come the summer you'll not be wanting to wear a jumper every day.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
With regard to custom fitting, i'd suggest obtaining a number of different coloured pieces of cord so that you can match to the colour of your trousers, come the summer you'll not be wanting to wear a jumper every day.

Noted.

Googling "invisible rope" whilst we speak.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance as I dont use a game boy, but why isnt it attached to your golf bag as that's where the clubs come from? choose weapon, lift, point at (secured to bag) thingy, then play.

D

Deleted member 16999

Pardon my ignorance as I dont use a game boy, but why isnt it attached to your golf bag as that's where the clubs come from? choose weapon, lift, point at (secured to bag) thingy, then play.
Idea is to tag from ball location for accuracy, if it was on bag you'd have to carry your bag onto putting green or tee box etc, plus in winter some courses restrict trolley access and if on cart bag, same problem😃