Tiger Woods

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I forget sometimes that Woods is golf and no other golfer of this generation will be remembered unless they linger about like Monty. ;)

The Poll in March GM states that more people & the Pro's think Jack has done more for golf than Tiger and by quite a margin if I remember correctly.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps if/when Tiger does beat the 18 major thingy he will open up as a person.

Tiger lives in an era of 24/7 television and media coverage on every aspect of his life that Jack never had to endure. In between tournaments I bet Jack was able to walk for a paper in the morning and have an open family life bringing his children up in an environment that is not available to todays 'superstars' because there is always someone jostling for a photo, autograph or interview. We must respect that these guys need down time just as we do. If you are out with your mates and someone starts talking shop, they are smacked down immediately because it is down time.

He is now a dad and I am sure any proud father out there would agree that NOTHING comes before you child. For the mere mortals that only includes work but for Tiger that includes publicity , sponsor and media appointments almost every day of the week and every week of the year.

I am sure when he is old and talking to Kelly Tilghman in front of the open fire he will say he has regrets but had a goal he wanted to achieve and nothing was going to stand in his way because it is what his father wanted him to do.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I agree there are differences between them both and the times we live in, if Tiger contributes like jack has to the world of golf and tiger doesnt just contribute to the US side of golf then maybe he will be remembered a better all round than Jack but tbh super stars in this age are not bothered like Jack so I can not see it happening, then again Tiger is a freak golfer and a wonder to watch.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
for Jack family came first every time, To Jack golf is just a game! his words not mine.

There is more coverage now but Jack was the most in-demand golfer in his time as is Tiger in this time.

I am sure Tiger has more time off now than at any time in his career to date, He has enough money to write his own contracts on how much he does off the course.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, think of this. You know nothing about golf and dont really take an interest (hard to imagine i know). People like my mum and nan are good examples. Ask them what jack nicklaus does and they'll say whooo??? Ask them what tiger woods does and they'll say he's that man off the tele who plays golf. I bet there are more people in the world like this than there are not.

Ask most junior golfers, who would you like to play like, Bet more of them say tiger than any other golfer.

Just shows how good tiger woods is and how much he has contributed to the game.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, think of this. You know nothing about golf and dont really take an interest (hard to imagine i know). People like my mum and nan are good examples. Ask them what jack nicklaus does and they'll say whooo??? Ask them what tiger woods does and they'll say he's that man off the tele who plays golf. I bet there are more people in the world like this than there are not.

Ask most junior golfers, who would you like to play like, Bet more of them say tiger than any other golfer.

Just shows how good tiger woods is and how much he has contributed to the game.

Sorry mate, I disagree.

If you don't like or follow golf why would you know a player, no matter how great, who is no longer in the public eye and who never had the same level of publicity?

If you're a kid and just starting who else are you going to follow? They'll never see the 'greats' unless they watch re-runs of old games.

95% of people will imitate the stars of 'now', just a few will look backward for their heroes.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats true i guess, I suppose what i am trying to say is, whatever anyones opinion of tiger is, the fact of the matter is, he is just so good and it has been proved by his popularity. He is a house hold name. I dont know, maybe its got alot to do with his marketing. But he only got everythin he has today by playing golf. And playing golf really really well. And i would put my life on when he finally quits, he puts a hell of a lot back into it in many various ways.