Tiger Woods

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tiger is the best golfer in history. He will probably beat Jack Nicklaus' record of major victories. Jack was a great player and is a splendid man. So is Tiger. I love golf and find it exciting it to see Tiger closing in on Jack's record.
I think it sad that some golfers try to detract from Tiger's victories by suggesting that great players like Els simply bottle it when Woods is in control.
Regards
Shanker(or w******)

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
now ,now,`shanky..lets keep it clean ..
yea i agree ..i said it earlier ,i think `els` is a spent force..it`s like he`s lost the desire ..du think `tiger` will go down the same track when he passes `jack`s` record ..i think we could be watching history in the making ...

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I have nothing but respect for the mans ability, skill, conditioning, temperament and dedication to the game.

I think that he is a very intimidating person, appearing almost invincible when on good form and this can get inside the heads of his rivals on occasions but to say that Tigers victory today was because Ernie buckled is not just, woods played great golf on the way in and it is because of that reason that he won. Yes Els messed it up but it was tigers play that got him within striking distance.

I have no axe to grind with him as a golfer. I am not a fan for other reasons. No need to go into the why's and wherefors of this matter.

I agree that he will beat Jack Nicklaus' record.

Who dubbed you a self abuser by the way Shanker? Your'e a good guy in my eyes.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bottle or no bottle, Tiger goes out there and hunts down those good scores. When you consider that there are many players who can play brilliantly (Poulter included) but rarely have the mettle to carry off their game plan, to the letter, it makes Tiger even more amazing.

I personaly enjoy watching players with their own personal demons (technique or mind) and find it all exciting coming down the stretch.....I always willed Monty and Ernie on, as I did the likes of Ollie, Seve, Nick F and P, even Parnevik and Van de Velde. I even prayed (not literally) for Langer and those others with putting yips....it's all part of the love.
In snooker hendry/davis or ronnie/ebdon?.....sometimes perfection isn't that endearing......I'm not sure anyone is really detracting from Tiger's wonderful skill and approach.

I didn't contribute to the thread on Poulter, but I know (from real life experience) how easy it is to "think" you have the skill to do so much better......only Tiger consistently fulfills his promise and bounce back when the odds are slipping.

Personally, I don't think Els worries about other players, he goes out there and does his stuff, sometimes it doesn't go well - at least he doesn't moan about it, unlike Faldo did back then.

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
Shanker, when faldo was at his best and lifting all the majors he was getting abuse from everywhere, to be a great champion in any sport you have to be single minded.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tiger Woods Is a legend.
I feel extremely privileged to live in the same era as woods and witness his excellence at this supremely high level.
I think he is a great asset to the game. anyone who knocks woods for being the best and so dominant in todays game is a loser (thats my opinion). Doesnt mean to say im a tiger woods obsessed muppet. I like and appreciate the talent of all the tour players, but woods is my favourite. I cant get enough of watching him. I particularly like watching woods struggle then turning it around . Absolutely Phenomenal.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a song that springs to mind,,,,,,,,now lets think??????????

oh yes
it go's Something like this

"Simply the best"

That's TIGER for you.

Simply the BEST!!!!! :mad: :cool:

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best player? Undoubtedly. Jack included.

Best golfer? Not even close. Never seen Tom Watson or Ben Hogan spit his way round a course or throw his clubs. That's why I'll never warm to him.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
that's a god song that.

I think woods is like Steve Davis, the best but people get frustrated at his supposed lack of personality. unfounded if you ask me.

He puts 100% into the game and that is seen as a lack of personality.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Listen lad's, I'm sure Mr Tiger Woods dosen't give a flying fidlers [****] what we think, I bet he's sitting back in his hotel room now counting the kind of money that none of us will ever see. Hat's off to the guy, he's brillant, END of STORY!!!!!!

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i dont think money inspires Tiger anymore,i think he just strives to be the best year in year out and i admire this about the man

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are lucky to be alive and able to watch the greatest golfer parade his wears around the world.

He receives significant appearance money but boy does he give value to the sponsor by playing at or close to his max every time he enters a tournament.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
He may well beat Jack Nicklaus records but he will never contribute like Jack has to the game world wide.

I laughed like mad on Saturday when Tiger sliced his shot and blamed the crowd lol he sounded like a little boy not getting his own way.