Tiger will win the Open 2015

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
oh Gawd, out come the usual negative Trolls to spout forth more conjecture despite Tiger winning more events than anyone in the last 15 mths.

p.s he smiled and laughed loads during yesterdays round but he 'never smiles and just spits' is the recurring theme.

why let facts get in the way of a good daily moan:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really like tiger watched him for many year just dont think he will win a major again

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Tiger Woods again , Are all you Tiger fans ever going to learn , Great Golfer but now damage goods and too many young golfers around for him to ever be no 1 again , he may win one but i think his best chance will be St Andrews , but to be honest he is done as a major winner , He has to beat , Rory , Rickie Fowler , Adam Scott , Martin Kaymer , Garcia , Dustin Johnson , Dufner , Keagan , Jason Day , The South african lads , its not happening ........................Too many and he is damage upstairs , no longer has the strong mind to over come bad shots or putts , he is done ......................EYG
you do realise he's been beating these guys in the last 15 mths and has won 18 tournaments? nearest rival has won 10. Just sayin

D

Deleted member 18588

you do realise he's been beating these guys in the last 15 mths and has won 18 tournaments? nearest rival has won 10. Just sayin

Eh!?

Are you saying he has won 18 events since April 2013?

Where?

As to the possibility of him winning next year's Open, I think it is unlikely but I certainly would not bet against him.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nonsense, what are these 18 wins you speak of

His club monthly medals :).........................Coz he ain`t doing it in the majors , who in his right mind think you can play 2 rounds of tour golf then turn up and win the open with Rory and company in good form and playing every week ..................EYG

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
I always said that Tiger will win every time the Open is at St Andrews as it is totally set up for his game.
Not so sure anymore as he just has too many bad shots in his locker now and that paired with the fact that he can now actually miss putts from less than 10 feet means he is beatable around any course.
If he wants to win the Open again I think it can only be at St Andrews.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tigers worst performance in a major.... I can guarantee he will be a different player next year!

The bloke is still a quality golfer but is in a big blip. Form is temporary but class is permanent.

I am not even a Tiger lover but the bloke isnt 40 yet so hardly past it!

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At some point things are just going to click for him. And then he'll win one. I think the masters is most likey going to be the one. He's too good not too. Yeah he's not playing great but it's only his second tournament back. For all we know he planned this to just be a reps practice to get in before the PGA next month. He did say he was ahead of schedual

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Be surprised if he made the Ryder Cup side , the yanks may be too scare not to pick him , viewing stats and all that , i would like them to pick him as that make it better for Europe ...................as for win the open , he has a chance as he is in the field but that is about it ..............................EYG

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Be surprised if he made the Ryder Cup side , the yanks may be too scare not to pick him , viewing stats and all that , i would like them to pick him as that make it better for Europe .................................EYG

This is a good point, I wouldn't pick him based on current form, lack of competitive rounds and also because he no longer emits that 'fear factor' any more which was worth a few shots! However, like you, I hope he does get picked as his track record isn't great so guaranteed points for Europe :smirk:

D

Deleted member 18588

This is a good point, I wouldn't pick him based on current form, lack of competitive rounds and also because he no longer emits that 'fear factor' any more which was worth a few shots! However, like you, I hope he does get picked as his track record isn't great so guaranteed points for Europe :smirk:

His record in the singles is not too shabby!

boosh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He might win one or two more at most, more than likely the masters.
Can't see him beating jacks record now, average putter, wild with the driver.
And has had to many injuries, he may be 38 be he's an old 38.
He's not the golfer he was back in 2006.

EarCat

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was disappointed with Tiger at The Open, not only with his play on the last three days, but the fact that after his final hole on Sunday, he had to wait at the autograph hunters hangout on the group on the third tee to hit for a good 45 seconds, he just hushed the crowd so the boys on the third tee weren't distracted and once they hit he just walked by everyone without any recognition to the supporters who were literally begging him to scribble his name on their shirts, hats, programmes etc. Thinking about this rationally, there are two reasons why Tiger would do this, either he is a vile human being who should stop being such a ( Mod Edit)to the people who made him a massive star, or he is aware that if were to sign for everybody who wanted his autograph he would quite possibly still be in Hoylake writing his name on things.

Last edited by a moderator:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Eh!?

Are you saying he has won 18 events since April 2013?

Where?

As to the possibility of him winning next year's Open, I think it is unlikely but I certainly would not bet against him.

Nonsense, what are these 18 wins you speak of
Apologies, total brain fart:eek:

18 wins since 2008. Nearest rival 10.

Absolutely no idea why I put 15 mths (I did miss yesterdays medication though)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apologies, total brain fart:eek:

18 wins since 2008. Nearest rival 10.

Absolutely no idea why I put 15 mths (I did miss yesterdays medication though)

Fair enough and fair play for the admission BUT 2008 was a long time ago, lets go back to 2010 just to keep it this decade.

McIlroy - 13 wins including 3 majors

Woods - 8 wins with no majors

Fair to say the power has shifted, especially given McIlroy is just 25. McIlroy is far more likely to win at St Andrews than Woods based on form and stats.