Tickets for royal troon open

HPIMG

Visit site
I was thinking about taking my boy and wife to watch the open at troon this summer. I’ve noticed various reseller websites selling tickets but have no ideal what website are legit or not. Can someone recommend a good website for the tickets please ?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was thinking about taking my boy and wife to watch the open at troon this summer. I’ve noticed various reseller websites selling tickets but have no ideal what website are legit or not. Can someone recommend a good website for the tickets please ?

The one and only official resale. I just checked - plenty available.

BL8Ricky

Visit site
Just bagged me and the wife 2 tickets. We have also got one for our seven year old which is free. May or may not take him. Currently he’s up for it.

HPIMG

Visit site
I am looking at the tickets now i think im going to go on Thursday or Friday just cause my boy likes tiger and thinking he might not make the cut but also noticed there’s tickets starting a week before the final Sunday. What happens on they days are they just practice rounds ?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am looking at the tickets now i think im going to go on Thursday or Friday just cause my boy likes tiger and thinking he might not make the cut but also noticed there’s tickets starting a week before the final Sunday. What happens on they days are they just practice rounds ?
Days before are practice rounds. Don't really get going until Tuesday.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site

The practice rounds are a good way to see the players close up without the crowds. Tuesdays are typically good, most of the players will play 18, whereas some might just play a few holes on Wednesday.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I went to Troon to watch the Open there were a few vantage points to see different holes on the Thursday and Friday which my son enjoyed,we saw quite a few groups.
There are also free golf lessons for children though I think you have to early to book a slot.
I wouldn't go on Wednesday practice unless you get there early, there tend not to be many people later in my experience.
You can always see players in the practice area on any day, some are good at signing autographs for children.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've made a last minute decision to go. I thought it would be difficult to get tickets but when I read about the resale option it made up my mind. After booking tickets for the Wednesday and Thursday. Will fly into Edinburgh on Tuesday and plan is go from there to Glasgow where I'll stay for 3 nights. Presume getting to Troon from Glasgow is pretty straightforward?
I've never attended a major championship so really looking forward to it.
I was only going to go the Thursday but figured the Wednesday might be a bit more relaxed and a chance to get a good feel for the place before the serious stuff starts.

Last edited:

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've made a last minute decision to go. I thought it would be difficult to get tickets but when I read about the resale option it made up my mind. After booking tickets for the Wednesday and Thursday. Will fly into Edinburgh on Tuesday and plan is go from there to Glasgow where I'll stay for 3 nights. Presume getting to Troon from Glasgow is pretty straightforward?
I've never attended a major championship so really looking forward to it.
I was only going to go the Thursday but figured the Wednesday might be a bit more relaxed and a chance to get a good feel for the place before the serious stuff starts.
There's a direct train from Glasgow Central. I would try and get there early on Wednesday, my experience of previous Opens are that not many will be out in the afternoon, though I guess it may be a bit weather dependent on the previous days.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There's a direct train from Glasgow Central. I would try and get there early on Wednesday, my experience of previous Opens are that not many will be out in the afternoon, though I guess it may be a bit weather dependent on the previous days.
Great thanks, ya the plan would be to get there nice and early on the Wednesday

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The accommodation is the challenge. Glasgow hotels are not cheap - been looking for the Thursday and Friday and I’m struggling to find anything for a price that i feel is justifiable.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
How much are you looking at for hotels?
You might find cheaper in the likes of Paisley which should be on the train line.

At least £400 for the city centre - I might have to look slightly outside - we don't need to be in the heart of things, literally need a bed for a couple of nights.

Edit

Just booked a Premier Inn a few miles East of the City - it's not far from Top Golf so might have a wander round there when we arrive on the Thursday.

Train up from Mirfield is about £55 so I'll probably do that so I can have a relaxing few days with no driving.

Last edited:

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What do people do about parking, will you be able to find spaces a short walk away from the course ?
There is a park and ride facility with busses laid on, it usually works well, though I've not used the Troon one as I live close to a railway line serving Troon so use that.
Edit
I've just seen post above, it costs about £20 with a small discount for advance booking.