Thurs 14th/Fri 15th Nov - North West guys/gals?

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, we'll just have a comp in our group, unless the others want to join in as well......

£3.00 in

winner gets the £ 2.00's , and we'll have a nearest the pin for the £1.00's

£10 winner

£5 NTP

MEDAL -

Only joking, stableford, for honestly declared handicaps. At least me and Lou, have a slight advantage, having played it before.

If any of the honestly declared h/cappers win by more than 5 points - a life of shame on the GM forum awaits.

NTP is the 6th.

Everyone game?

I'm in, honestly, I am... ;)

See y'all soon.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a good round today, although we did get a sharp shower early on, the course is in great nick, the only niggle was the temporary hole to replace the 7th, which is being improved, but that aside it was a pleasure to play there.
Nice to meet Marshy, Odvan and Danny and to see LB again.

The victors spoils went to Odvan with 36 points, beating LB by one, I got the nearest the pin.

Marshy and I made it round before it was dark but the other 3 could have done with miners helmets for the last.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really enjoyed today.

LB, was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for sourcing and sorting the course out. Danny, Marshy, Louise - great to meet you all and hopefully Marshy you got back in time without too many drama's.

Greens were in fantastic condition - a course I'd definitely like to play again.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks to all for a great day of golf. The course was in excellent condition and it was a pleasure to meet you all. I still feel the need to apologise for the sheer crapness of my golf though, I assure you that it is not that bad usually.

I will definitely try to make as many forum meets as possible from now on and work on my golf more.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to all for a great day of golf. The course was in excellent condition and it was a pleasure to meet you all. I still feel the need to apologise for the sheer crapness of my golf though, I assure you that it is not that bad usually.

I will definitely try to make as many forum meets as possible from now on and work on my golf more.

Sounds like we should have gone round together. I really enjoyed it but played really poorly in places. Condition of the course was excellent, greens were spot on despite the downpour.

Great to meet everyone and go round with louise who played really well. Cheers.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sounds like we should have gone round together. I really enjoyed it but played really poorly in places. Condition of the course was excellent, greens were spot on despite the downpour.

Great to meet everyone and go round with louise who played really well. Cheers.

Sorry I missed you marshy, I got there late and by the time I'd taken 3 off the tee off every hole it was dark as we finished. We should probably arrange a round for us crappers to improve our game.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks all, I new you would like Delamere.

The course was virtually like playing in summer, apart from work they were doing on some bunkers, and the temp hole.

The temp hole was my only double bogey today, not helped by them not advising the length of the blindish hole, but there you go. I nearly chased Odvan down who was 4 points ahead at one stage, but after leaving an 18 inch putt 9 inches short on 17, then agonisingly lipping the hole for birdie on 18, he took the spoils. All played in a cracking atmosphere, and nice to share a round with you and danny.

I was nearest the pin.............before my proffessional back-spin took it outside Louise's earlier effort. Some days it's not your day.:(

I had a 7 over gross, and really felt I played well, but 3 x 3 putts on the back nine, and double bogeying the temp hole, seen me just get the 35 points.

Danny, keep plugging away mate, there's a good game in there - you may just need a CAT scan to find it.:D

Marshy, see you again soon, hope you weren't late for your flower-arranging course.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was tough for you after not playing or a month, once you got going you played some good holes, 6 3 pointers wasn't bad going.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a nice round with Odvan this morning at my place, snuck out before a society, a snip for Odvan at £7. He started like a train with 4 pars in the first 5 holes, but sadly fell foul with a few of our many ditches. It was a glorious morning and very enjoyable.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a nice round with Odvan this morning at my place, snuck out before a society, a snip for Odvan at £7. He started like a train with 4 pars in the first 5 holes, but sadly fell foul with a few of our many ditches. It was a glorious morning and very enjoyable.

That was the first time i've ever recorded a 10 so the 9 and the 8 i also recorded didn't do me any favours...nor did the 7. Aside from those (lol) I played a decent round (7 pars and a birdie). Was nice to finish with a 2 on the card! No adjustment on unofficial handicap and an absolute bargain for £7, course was in great condition, all holes open and greens true and fast.

Positive stuff coming from the new putter too, last two rounds and haven't 3 putted anywhere near like I was a month ago. Guess there's time yet!

Cheers Louise