Thurs 14th/Fri 15th Nov - North West guys/gals?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just rang St Annes and they don't have any bookings for Thursday due to drainage work going on on the course.

Could try somewhere else - Fleetwood, Morecambe, The Mere etc.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it's a 10ish tee time on the Thursday I could be up for it, maybe even stretch to 11-ish.

Only at SAOL though.......

Count me out sadly, need to work away next Thursday......

Fleetwood probably not worth a long drive IMO if you're thinking of venues.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just rang St Annes and they don't have any bookings for Thursday due to drainage work going on on the course.

Could try somewhere else - Fleetwood, Morecambe, The Mere etc.
Bugger, I was counting on St. Annes. I've had the ok from work to leave at 11.30, but a tee time of 12.30 earliest, more likely 12.45 would be better for me (as long as the course is only 1 hour away). I'll make my mind up on Tuesday whether to go ahead, but at the mo, who is game and will there be a separate splinter group for the Friday, or not.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bugger, I was counting on St. Annes. I've had the ok from work to leave at 11.30, but a tee time of 12.30 earliest, more likely 12.45 would be better for me (as long as the course is only 1 hour away). I'll make my mind up on Tuesday whether to go ahead, but at the mo, who is game and will there be a separate splinter group for the Friday, or not.

That probably rules me out for Thursday unfortunately but may be ok for a knock on Friday.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LB

Obviously i'm still fine. A late (2 day notice) is fine for me...

LB - in
Podgster - in
Odvan - in
Louise ?

And as an aside, am still waiting to pounce on my missus at the right time with a request for a Friday pass too!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Weather looking ok for Thursday, will deffo confirm tomorrow.

If we can get 4, Conwy have a 4 for price of 3 on - anyone fancy that, or any other suggestions within an hour of runcorn?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If we can get 4, Conwy have a 4 for price of 3 on - anyone fancy that, or any other suggestions within an hour of runcorn?

What time are you thinking for Thursday? Are you still on about around lunch time ish or earlier?

Was reading TG last night and it said that Formby Hall are doing cheap tee times, not sure if its any good or close enough to you?

Think Conwy is a touch too far for me.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yep, blustery but hopefully dry now for 3 days.

Conwy is almost a 4hr round trip for me so would decline this option - don't mind driving an hour or so somewhere though.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll keep a watch on this and see if I can make whatever you decide.
Right, we can get on Delamere for £35 each, if 3-4 of us (normally still £55 even in winter). Delamere as a course will not disappoint, as Louise will also testify. I'm not sure of the condition at the moment, but it is a great course. So, whose in? Showing rain in the morning but ok in the afternoon, so far. Let me know this afternoon, if possible, so I can book a tee time. If I get 3 quickly, the fourth will just be a bonus. I'll book it, with a tee time of approx. 12.15/12.30.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
great, weather forecast windy but dry after lunch, fingers crossed, btw Odvan, if you fancy playing Friday as well, you are welcome to play at ours, fairways are wet in places but the greens are in great nick.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LB, i'm in.

Louise, it may be as late as the morning on Friday. Really appreciate the offer and would like to take it up so here's hoping!