Thurs 14th/Fri 15th Nov - North West guys/gals?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just a thought Pete, a 4 ball starting at 12.30 would be pushed to get round in the light.
I'd be leaving at 11.30, so we may get off around 12.10. I think it will be quiet, and its light till after 4. I think we would easily get it in, if we were struggling for time, we could split into twos on the back 9. Thursday afternoon in November - bound to be quiet, especially if they are charging £20 less than normal. Marshy it's a great course - I'd risk it. Take the teacher an apple..... On the website no societies or comps are booked in for the Thursday.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you need the numbers making up, I could potentially make it down for any time after 12 on Thursday.

More than welcome Danny, I'm sure the price was for a few to come, and not a "fourball" price. If we have 5, we'll just split into a 2 and a 3, we'll probably get round quicker then also. So who else, so I can book 1/2 tee times.

Me
Danny
Lou?
Marshy?
Odvan?

Anyone else to make 2 x 3 balls or more.....

I can't advise the current state of the course, but is normally immaculate. It is also a heathland, so should drain well anyway. Delamere is also one of the top two inland courses I have played in the north west. The winter price is £55, Thursday will only be £35.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok we have 4, Marshy and others still welcome, we'll just have 2 groups, if need be, but still let me know, so I can book the tee times tomorrow morning.

I may be there for 12.00, so see you all there around then. It's hard to see where the entrance to the course is, but it is more or less directly over the road from the railway station, then down a very narrow lane for a few hundred yards, for those who haven't been there before.

See you on Thursday, the visitors changing rooms are in a separate building to the main clubhouse.

I think they dont take credit cards, so make sure you bring enough cash, just in case.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm in, see you all there for 12ish.
Ok peeps, 5 of us in so far tomorrow. Just to keep you informed:- tee times are 12.20 and 12.30. the 17th is closed, but it has a temp hole in play, to still make 18. Some bunkers are GUR, but all other greens in play. See you around 12.:thup: I think we should do it so people can meet new people. Who has previously played with anyone else? I've played with Marshy and Louise. Marshy we'll try to put you out first, as you have to get back. Unles you go in a 2-ball with Louise and I'll go with Danny and Odvan behind. Just leave our winnings with Louise. :D

Last edited:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes fine, depends on traffic but I'm going to aim to get there a bit earlier I think and just have a putt etc as I haven't played for a month or so now.

I may need to get off straight away so apologies if I do.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I haven't had the pleasure of playing with anyone from the forum yet so whoever I'm with will be new. I could do with getting some practice in myself as I haven't had a round of golf since the beginning of September due to uni.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok - I dont think its fair to do a comp with some of you not playing too much recently, I don't want to take easy money off you:D

If Louise is ok with it, you go out with Marshy, as you'll be there early, and you know the course. The 17th is shut, I think they have a replacement hole by the 3rd, but check with the pro.

I'll see Danny and Odvan (what's your first name, BTW), at about 12.15.

There is a praccy ground, ask the pro to show you where, if you want to knock some balls first.

Don't forget the entrance to the course is over the road from the rail station, but is well hidden.

See you all tomorrow, bring your balaclavas.....it'll be cold.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope to get there around 11:45 to change shoes :)o) and putt. Really lookin' forward to it.

LB, Danny, I won't be wearing a pink peaked hat....

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm quite happy to participate in a comp, however my scores vary massively and I don't want to be accused of banditry. I don't have an official handicap but usually play off 20, however it can vary massively.

Looks set to be a chilly day :/. I'll be the bald guy shivering in the car park.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Makes two of us then!

Im happy to chuck in as well, unofficially off 17.

Matt

Ok, we'll just have a comp in our group, unless the others want to join in as well......

£3.00 in

winner gets the £ 2.00's , and we'll have a nearest the pin for the £1.00's

£10 winner

£5 NTP

MEDAL -

Only joking, stableford, for honestly declared handicaps. At least me and Lou, have a slight advantage, having played it before.

If any of the honestly declared h/cappers win by more than 5 points - a life of shame on the GM forum awaits.

NTP is the 6th.

Everyone game?