West Midlands Mini Meet results

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Today was the first of the 'West Midlands Mini Meets'.

It was held at my home course South Staffordshire Golf Club which is North of Wolverhampton.
The course itself was in excellent condition with the greens especially on top form.

Present was myself (Steve), Gazp (Gary), RGDave (Dave) and Hindmarshsl (Stefan).

We decided on a 4 ball better ball, full stapleford.
Myself off 9, Gary 18 taking on Dave 12 and Stefan 13.

The round was set from the very first tee shots when we all put our tee shots in A1 position right side of the fairway. They were all within 10ft of eachother in a square formation. The standard continued all the way around as we all played really well with lots of Par's had by all. :)
The company was fantastic, great banter and plenty of chat and humour from all. :)

We got to the turn and myself and Gary had a good score of 23 followed closely by Dave and Stefan on 21.
Thru 14 they had sneaked one infront with Dave and Stefan sharing the points between themselves. :(
At this point my partner took control. Gary proceeded to come in 15, 16, 17 and 18 with 3 points on each!! :)

I had come in the last 4 with 8 points as had Dave and Stefan between them but with my playing partner taking 12 points we ended up taking the victory by 44 points to 41. ;)

It is worth pointing out Gary had 40 points on his own with 2 blobs!!!! We have a hat for him next time. ;)
He kept quiet all the way round, not popping his head above the sand, hoping it wouldn't be noticed... Well you can't hide Gary! We spotted you!! :D
Usually South Staffs catch a lot of people out as it's the type of course that punishes anything that isn't on tue fairways but most of the time we all were in play and the standard was excellent. :)

Fantastic day overall and we hope to sort a West Mids Mini Meet as a regular thing, maybe every other month or something and hope others fancy joining us too.

Some pictures below of the day.

c2467a88.jpg

Stefan on the fringe with his pink trousers and 'fashionable' shoes! ;)

99b6788a.jpg

Dave on his putt and Gary watching on...

64ff7be6.jpg

Stefan with the honour on the par 3 15th (didn't last long! )

71237c8d.jpg

Dave on the par 3 15th

e778d4dd.jpg

Gary on the par 3 15th

8f68aff5.jpg

Myself on the par 3 15th

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I am moving to Stafford soon! :)
Dont know how close that will be too you, but given a chance when i get there i would be up for it! :D

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am moving to Stafford soon! :)
Dont know how close that will be too you, but given a chance when i get there i would be up for it! :D

Stafford isn't far mate, it's more than close enough. Anyone will be welcome and we will be going to eachothers courses so it moves around. Feel free to join us :) the more the Merrier!! ;)

stef92

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Wow what a day! Many thanks to Losttheplot, Gazp and RGDave for a great game of golf and great company.

The course was fantastic, and so was the friendly, but competitive, golf! I think for the worst round to be +13 says a lot about the game. Highlight of the golf was by far Gazp's putting!! Shamelessly good! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Shame the weather decided to have a tantrum on the 3rd… but apart from that everything else was great! :)

I look forward to some more mini-meets and great golf in the future!

Many thanks once again, and especially to Losttheplot for hosting it at his great course.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice one Steve. Good write up. :)

We were very lucky with the weather, apart from the 3rd which took it's toll on our scores as well there too!

The standard was really high for a bunch of guys off 9-18. Normally, when I play in these sorts of games, in the end, it's all about the bogeys (nett pars), today, it was simply a par-fest.

Logically, 4 golfers x 18 holes (72 holes) producing 40+ pars is pretty good going. If we'd all been off 9, it would not have been a bad effort.

Highlights (in no order)
Steve's 3 wood off the tees (how far?)
Gaz's putting and general par-making (how good?)
Stefan's biggest big dogs (silly?)
and Dave's...um...um...Driver/4 irons to the long holes?
Not to mention Gaz's "Faldo finish"......par/par/par/par....all with shots!

Putting was hard (testy little greens). Almost no-one visited bunkers (shows how straight we all were).
Great game, no way we're disappointed to lose.

Thanks for organising it, and what a lovely golf course.
(Shame about the trees on the 17th! :)