Thurs 14th/Fri 15th Nov - North West guys/gals?

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wondering if anyone local fancies a game on either of the dates above whether it be at your home course, my nearest course (Stand) or somewhere else that won't be on winter greens and not playing off fairways mats!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi Odvan, I have a 1/2 day up to use, so may be a possible, weather dependent.

Me and Podgster were thinking about ST annes to put a winter OOM card in - would you fancy that, as they have a 4 for 3 deal on, which works out at £30 each, if we get 4.

We would probably only be able to get a 1.00 ish tee time, as I dont finish work until 12.00.

Interested? If not may consider Conwy.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am free on the Friday, I wouldn't mind Stand I haven't played it yet, my course is still on fairways on summer greens but is quite wet at the moment.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Odvan, I have a 1/2 day up to use, so may be a possible, weather dependent.

Me and Podgster were thinking about ST annes to put a winter OOM card in - would you fancy that, as they have a 4 for 3 deal on, which works out at £30 each, if we get 4.

We would probably only be able to get a 1.00 ish tee time, as I dont finish work until 12.00.

Interested? If not may consider Conwy.

Absolutely I am, don't mind travelling and would welcome another shot at St Annes's or elsewhere. Hopefully our monsoon season will take a break and be good to us! Which day are you hoping to be off?

I am free on the Friday, I wouldn't mind Stand I haven't played it yet, my course is still on fairways on summer greens but is quite wet at the moment.

Louise i only have a pass out for one of the two days from HID, if Liverbirdies available day is Friday would you want to make a four ball up?

Re Stand, even though i'm a non-member i'm happy to take you round anytime. Course was in good nick last week despite the rain, drainage was brilliant although because of the ferocity of the downpour we had at one point, understandably there was standing water on many of the greens. Still completely puttable but pace was not completely readable!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Odvan/Louise, I've got a black tie dinner on next Friday night with work, so couldn't chance it. I understand if you want to have something more concrete, so go ahead with the Friday - no probs. If not and you want to go with the Thursday, I would make my mind up about SAOL or Conwy early on the Tuesday, to check the weather and be able to give work enough notice.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Odvan/Louise, I've got a black tie dinner on next Friday night with work, so couldn't chance it. I understand if you want to have something more concrete, so go ahead with the Friday - no probs. If not and you want to go with the Thursday, I would make my mind up about SAOL or Conwy early on the Tuesday, to check the weather and be able to give work enough notice.

LB, i can wait until the Tuesday if Louise doesn't mind not planning anything in - in the meantime Loiuse, i'm going to go home and ask the missus if she wants a new winter coat.....it may well get me two pass-outs and back-to-back rounds :D

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would make up a fourball with you too Podgster, I am not fussy ;)

Ok Odvan, let me know, I might even do Thursday, although it is our ladies day, we are only playing 12 hole comps.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
LB, i can wait until the Tuesday if Louise doesn't mind not planning anything in - in the meantime Loiuse, i'm going to go home and ask the missus if she wants a new winter coat.....it may well get me two pass-outs and back-to-back rounds :D

Ok Odvan, let me know, I might even do Thursday, although it is our ladies day, we are only playing 12 hole comps.

Ok - I didn't want to knacker anyone's plans up, by only being a maybe.

Are we ok with Conwy and SAOl as two possible courses?

I know SAOl has a 4 ball deal on for £30 each only. Conwy is also pretty cheap, but I'll have to check my e-mails again.

I'll try to make my mind up early on Tuesday morning after checking the weather, and tee times. I may also ask the boss if I can start my 1/2 day hols slightly earlier than 12.00.

Anyone else for a week Thursday to make up a 4-ball? Podgster - as long as you don't get jealous.:rofl:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Either course I'm good with although slightly bias towards SA simply for drive time reasons.