three locks golf course - Leighton Buzzard

batchworth

Visit site
has anyone here played there recently. I am going there next week as a freebie using the American golf voucher, so just wondered if there was any recent reports for it.
It's only about a 40 minute drive from my home and is free, so not worried about it being top notch.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your typical new course in this area, 20 years or so old. Its ok for what it is without being anything special, was in ok condition earlier in the summer

G

guest100718

Played it a few times and it was ok. Nothing special but for free whats not to like

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played it a month or so back.

Its ok, quite wet down the bottom end of the course.
What lets it down, is there is crap everywhere, like ball sleeves, empty beer cans etc - there are bins but in the days leading up to us playing their the previous guests preferred the fairways and tee areas to dump crap :(

It was also hellishly slow with waiting on lots of tee's.

D

Deleted member 15344

I would give it a miss - it’s very wet , greens aren’t great , bunkers in a mess , fairways covered in leaves and muddy and now it’s been taken over by gypsies

batchworth

Visit site
when you say taken over by gypsies, do you mean they have set up camp on the land, or are you just reffering to the management team?

D

Deleted member 15344

Camping up around the area , always on the course with their quad bikes , they are all looking to go fishing - the owner asked them to leave and threatened to call police - the response from them - “do you like your greens ? “