Thoughts on drivers?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

gopher99

Visit site
I went from a smoke 6.0 shaft in the F9 to the Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6 stiff in the speedzone, and the shaft has made a lot of difference in my opinion. It feels like I can now swing through the club, rather than with the smoke it felt very stiff and needed a good hit all the time. At my level of golf i need all the forgiveness i can get.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm another fan of the recent Cobra drivers fitted with Atmos Blue tour shafts. I have last years F9 model with the Atmos Blue shaft. It's a great driver.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Coincidentally I just watched a video from TXG Tour on YouTube, on their three most forgiving drivers. G410 Plus, Mavrik Max and Speedzone Extreme were their top three. They were the ones I expected to be honest, they do seem to be getting the best reviews.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
What does forgiving actually mean? If I hit a bad shot, it's gone. I can't work out if that's due to being a longer hitter than the average forumite, or i'm just that rubbish!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Lot of love for the Cobra drivers, I'll check them out too. Thanks guys.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What does forgiving actually mean? If I hit a bad shot, it's gone. I can't work out if that's due to being a longer hitter than the average forumite, or i'm just that rubbish!
Forgiving means if you hit it toe, heel, high or low on the face it still gets decent distance and not too far left or right.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think you need to be going to a proper fitter and asking the right questions;

Will I get less blobs?
Will it make me more attractive to women?

If the answer to both is yes, pull the trigger.

Why bother wasting valuable time & energy hitting balls?

D

Deleted member 1740

Gordon I've got a mint Callaway rogue only used for 3 rounds, sweet spot unused too, going for sale if you're interested.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Gordon I've got a mint Callaway rogue only used for 3 rounds, sweet spot unused too, going for sale if you're interested.
I played this evening and borrowed a TS2 head from the shop and put it on my own shaft. Definitely longer than the 915 head especially when I didn't middle it. Tempted.........

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you’re thinking of the sim, go for an M6, I use an M6 and diff to the sim is marginal.
ive tried the TS and the cobra also, cobra is forgiving and ts is very good, but all round the m6 still works for me.
I do not think you can go too wrong with recent drivers though.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got the Speedzone and I was very impressed and what really sealed it for me was the price tag.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm currently using a Titleist 915 which I'm quite happy with but getting a small itch to upgrade it.
Would anyone that has one of the latest top of the range drivers (TS/SIM/Mavrik/Epic/Rogue/G410 etc) be kind enough to let me know what your thoughts on it please?

If the 915 was fitted to your swing and that hasn't changed much, probably not a massive amount to be gained, to be honest. If you bought the 915 off the rack, probably worth getting fitted for a more up to date model now.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If the 915 was fitted to your swing and that hasn't changed much, probably not a massive amount to be gained, to be honest. If you bought the 915 off the rack, probably worth getting fitted for a more up to date model now.
Yeah it was a proper fitting for the DI7 and it seems to work pretty well in the TS head as well. I was past the 2nd bunker down our first hole which is quite rare for me as it's about 280 to get past it and on the 2nd I had a wedge into the green instead of a 7/8 iron. Spoke to the pro, the TS range has been reduced to £350 now :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah it was a proper fitting for the DI7 and it seems to work pretty well in the TS head as well. I was past the 2nd bunker down our first hole which is quite rare for me as it's about 280 to get past it and on the 2nd I had a wedge into the green instead of a 7/8 iron. Spoke to the pro, the TS range has been reduced to £350 now :)
Have a look on eBay you might just pick up a head only.
The TS heads are very nice.
I have a Ping G400 with the tour shaft.
Tried a Maverick yesterday and it was the same distance just a lower flight.
Maybe it’s me that’s maxed out.