Thoughts on drivers?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm currently using a Titleist 915 which I'm quite happy with but getting a small itch to upgrade it.
Would anyone that has one of the latest top of the range drivers (TS/SIM/Mavrik/Epic/Rogue/G410 etc) be kind enough to let me know what your thoughts on it please?

gopher99

Visit site
You could honestly pick any of the new drivers and you won’t go far wrong. I would try the cobra speedzone, it’s priced £100 cheaper than most the others. I changed my cobra F9 into the new speedzone, and whilst I have picked up a few more yards my accuracy is much better. It was down to the soft tipped atmos 65s tour blue shaft that they fitted me for.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just bought the G410. Very happy with it. Very forgiving and feel I've eeked a couple more yards from it compared to the G it replaced (based on nothing more than where I've hit 2nd shots from on our harder driving holes)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm currently using a Titleist 915 which I'm quite happy with but getting a small itch to upgrade it.
Would anyone that has one of the latest top of the range drivers (TS/SIM/Mavrik/Epic/Rogue/G410 etc) be kind enough to let me know what your thoughts on it please?

That's futuristic compared to my 910. :)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
You could honestly pick any of the new drivers and you won’t go far wrong. I would try the cobra speedzone, it’s priced £100 cheaper than most the others. I changed my cobra F9 into the new speedzone, and whilst I have picked up a few more yards my accuracy is much better. It was down to the soft tipped atmos 65s tour blue shaft that they fitted me for.

Yep, Cobra Speedzone Extreme user here. Came out better on the range against my old M2, and the price is a no brainer in comparison to the other drivers on the market. I know some say it's a noisy driver, but I honestly do not hear it any louder than the M2 was.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love my G410 SFT. I fade the ball but it rarely ever becomes a full on slice with this club. Upgraded from the G30 so I kind of knew what I was getting with Ping anyway, I always rate their drivers highly. It was definitely a bit longer and a bit straighter than my old G30 on the fitting.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If anyone can recommend a driver that will give me 350 carry to make older courses obsolete that would be great thanks :ROFLMAO:
Got to be a Donnay Slammer hasn't it..?

You probably wont gain much in distance from a good strike, a few yards maybe but nowt significant unless your 915 doesnt fit.
What you will gain is on the off centre hits.
Speed, spin and launch will be retained much better with a current driver over a 5 year old one.
I have the G410 and apart from the original Great Big Bertha back in '97 it's the best driver I've had and the only one that keeps me in the same postcode most of the time.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you like 915, you'll love the TS range ;)
Looks like the surefit adapter fits both 915 and TS so I might borrow one of the demo heads from the Pro's fitting kit (y)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went from a 917 to a G400,for me it was much more forgiving, although I didn't like the stock shaft it came with so had to change it.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not massive on big differences between good quality shafts, but I have noticed a difference between the Rogue in my 2017 M2 3W and the "updated" Rogue in my new Sim Max 3W. I'm happy to accept that it could be the same shaft with a different paint job and it could just be the 10grammes extra weight along with the newer head gives it a little extra umph, but certainly from a 2015 club, I think you'll see very noticeable differences with a new shaft and head.
If not, go protein shake and Donnay.
I've got a Graphite Design DI7 in my 915 that I was fitted for but will be interesting to see if I can improve on that as it's a top quality shaft and still current. My S/S is still pretty much the same but a slightly lighter shaft might help.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to play with a Titleist 915 driver for a good few seasons and loved it so went to a fitting thinking I’d have a 917 at the time and walked out with a Taylormade m4 with a low spin project x hz shaft this combo is deadly for me .
it’s forgiving and longer than anything else I’ve hit.so I’m guessing it was just a better fit and should think you’ll see a bit Of a difference with one of the modern models as my m4 is old now but it’s so good for me I’d never change it .
one part of my bag I’m always swapping and changing is the 3 wood though I just can’t find the right combo I’m really happy with! I have just sold a Taylormade m6 3 wood ,my old Titleist 915f is going back in the bag in the bag as feel this is a better fit For me ,I’m hearing some good stuff about the sim fairways so maybe I’ll try one of them .