Thorbjorn Olesen - Arrested

User20204

Visit site
Only thing I'm guilty of is quoting what is already in the press.

My apologies, I thought the....

"filthy disgusting horrible man" and "Would love to see the courts hammer him."

Were direct quotes from yourself, got a link to where this was quoted in the press ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My apologies, I thought the....

"filthy disgusting horrible man" and "Would love to see the courts hammer him."

Were direct quotes from yourself, got a link to where this was quoted in the press ?

You see that's an opinion, not accusing someone on being guilty, as I say keep trolling you may get somewhere eventually.

Try sticking to one argument at a time.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's plenty of time to think about it. Court date is about March 2020 (I think) and the Tour has banned him until that's past.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I randomly remembered this case this morning. Now due in court in December 2021, due to covid backlog... European Tour lifted the suspension as a result, so he did play in some competitions last year.

sunshine

Visit site
Feel a bit sorry for the lad. He had broken into the world top 50 in 2018, was starting to win big tournaments and establishing himself at the top table. He's now ranked 419.

Obviously he made a serious mistake, and there should be consequences, but should this destroy his career? Having it hanging over him for 2 years is very tough, especially as we don't really know the details of what happened. Many have judged him already.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feel a bit sorry for the lad. He had broken into the world top 50 in 2018, was starting to win big tournaments and establishing himself at the top table. He's now ranked 419.

Obviously he made a serious mistake, and there should be consequences, but should this destroy his career? Having it hanging over him for 2 years is very tough, especially as we don't really know the details of what happened. Many have judged him already.

Similar was said about a young lad who played football for Bradford. Case delayed for what seemed a long time, people questioning whether he said be allowed to carry on playing, he made a mistake etc. In the end he was found guilty and he destroyed his own career.

I'm not comparing the 2 allegations but unfortunately he choose the wrong thing to do. If he was on meds then he shouldn't have drank.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think a major part of the problem is that these cases are in a massive back log of being seen to re Covid. Ryan Giggs is in a similar position re Charges hanging over his head. If they allow them to play, coach or carry on as normal and are found guilty. Folk are going to say something. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think a major part of the problem is that these cases are in a massive back log of being seen to re Covid. Ryan Giggs is in a similar position re Charges hanging over his head. If they allow them to play, coach or carry on as normal and are found guilty. Folk are going to say something. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

It's a difficult one, but if we take the Adam Johnson case as an example of how it can go wrong, he was charged and bailed in March, maintained he was innocent until the following Feb when he got to court, at which point he changed his plea to guilty.

He was playing and getting paid up until the change of plea, at which point he was immediately sacked.

Very difficult one to judge because whether a suspension is right or wrong will turn on the outcome of the case. It's particularly hard for a golfer as they don't earn unless they're playing, as opposed to a footballer where it seems the right thing is to suspend on full pay pending the outcome of the case.