Thorbjorn Olesen - Arrested

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Never good behaviour but on a long-haul flight? Very poor. Judges are really coming down on 'air rage' at the moment, so he could be in some trouble.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I like this myself...

“It was shocking behaviour. You would expect it maybe on a budget airline but not in the first-class cabin on BA.’’

I've honestly had most of the worse experiences on flights in first class on BA as some people think they're above the law and are self important bum holes.

Be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
£1 says he will use the 'I took a sleeping tablet and it reacted badly at altitude and with alcohol' defence. That seems to be the standard approach when someone in 1st class, a professional etc kicks off on a plane. Put them in a tracksuit.....................

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
what a pillock! Unacceptable where ever this sort of thing takes place, but at 38,000 feet and a potential threat to passengers and drew - no, no, no......

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Made an idiot of himself; better get his wallet out and ready for a serious dent if not jail time.

A few legal eagles about to get a good payday.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
"...would expect it on a budget airline..."...what? That witness / passenger also needs a bit of educating, hope he/she managed to recover their monocle after the incident.

Sounds shocking, but as mentioned, these are allegations, but it's never good that the crew felt it necessary to have the police there on arrival.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I work for an airline, and police are called to more flights than you would think. However, 90% of the time the police just give them a ticking off and the airline sends them a letter telling them not to behave like such tools. The police don't often make an arrest, so I would guess that there is definitely something in this...

D

Deleted member 1147

"...would expect it on a budget airline..."...what? That witness / passenger also needs a bit of educating, hope he/she managed to recover their monocle after the incident.

Sounds shocking, but as mentioned, these are allegations, but it's never good that the crew felt it necessary to have the police there on arrival.
Friend of mine is a pilot, flying to Hamburg regularly with a plane load of stag do idiots.
Apparently he often has to threaten to not even take off, the behaviour of the drunken knobs is so bad !

So it isn’t really a snobbish point of view, more likely an educated one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Friend of mine is a pilot, flying to Hamburg regularly with a plane load of stag do idiots.
Apparently he often has to threaten to not even take off, the behaviour of the drunken knobs is so bad !

So it isn’t really a snobbish point of view, more likely an educated one.
Why are they even allowed on the plane? Drunks are not supposed to get past the final boarding area. There are lots of stages where this problem could be nipped in the bud but everyone keeps passing the buck further down the line. The pilots and crew should not be the ones having to deal with it, that is the point where the most danger is.