this Saturday or next Saturday ??

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK Crow - do you fancy a round at Augusta "next Saturday" - I've got a 10.02 tee-time and its absolutely free, Rory & Jordan are making up the fourball - all you need to do is turn up on the right date............will I see you there?

when would you turn up?

this saturday and again next saturday if you werent there on the first one, maybe every saturday until you turn up lol

D

Deleted member 21258

I agree with you over the use of this and next.

One of those times, I would be thinking, I don't care do you want to play or not:eek:

The written word is such a funny thing, as no context is given and it is very easy to read it wrong. Hopefully he is a great person to play with and this minor thing isn't important.

Good on your group inviting him to play with you lot, nice:thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

What happens if you sent this text on a Sunday? "This Saturday" is 6 days away, and doesn't sound right!

^^This^^ in the context of your original post next Saturday was the 30th, but if you'd of asked him last Sunday next Saturday would've been 23rd,
Tues/Weds is the cut off for next and this to avoid confusion😃

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK Crow - do you fancy a round at Augusta "next Saturday" - I've got a 10.02 tee-time and its absolutely free, Rory & Jordan are making up the fourball - all you need to do is turn up on the right date............will I see you there?

when would you turn up?

I would be standing on the tee on both dates to be sure to be sure :D

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
From Sunday on the coming Saturday is this Saturday (or just Saturday) the following one is next Saturday..........when I'm playing Trump with lots of others :thup: