This might be a stupid question, but.................

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll give you a really stupid question, similar theme, as posted on my town Facebook page today.

'I'm flying tomorrow with hand luggage only. I have quite a few bottles of liquids to take. I know they can only be 100ml max but have enough to fill 4 of the zip lock plastic bags. Is that okay or can I only take 1 clear bag of liquids?'

Now that is a stupid question ?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I'll give you a really stupid question, similar theme, as posted on my town Facebook page today.

'I'm flying tomorrow with hand luggage only. I have quite a few bottles of liquids to take. I know they can only be 100ml max but have enough to fill 4 of the zip lock plastic bags. Is that okay or can I only take 1 clear bag of liquids?'

Guessing that is a lady and a ton of make up.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

To be fair, given that I've never attempted to carry any liquid on a plane, I had to look that one up?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

There is an overall limit of 1 litre per person, don't see why you couldn't split them across 2 bags as long as you were under the overall limit.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is an overall limit of 1 litre per person, don't see why you couldn't split them across 2 bags as long as you were under the overall limit.
The rules state a single bag. It's mentioned by airlines, airports, wherever you look. I even saw it in action yesterday where a woman in front of me tried to take 2 bags through on her own and security would not allow it. She was able to pass one to her husband as he had none and then carry on.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair, given that I've never attempted to carry any liquid on a plane, I had to look that one up?
If you were ever to do it then the info out there is as clear as you like. Even when you get to the airport the signs are everywhere at security. It's basic stuff, been in place since 9/11, maybe a few weeks after. To think you could take 4 bags through on your own is beyond stupid, it really is.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you were ever to do it then the info out there is as clear as you like. Even when you get to the airport the signs are everywhere at security. It's basic stuff, been in place since 9/11, maybe a few weeks after. To think you could take 4 bags through on your own is beyond stupid, it really is.
Just easier to do without my mascara & face cream I think ...:)