This Has To Be Seen To Be Believed

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
seems to happen in Glasgow a lot. There was a few last year that made the papers and internet sites. Disgusting really.

What kind of society do we live in now a days, i was listening to radio 2 yesterday and they were chatting about the lad who urinated over the poppy wreaths at the local war memorial.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Simple punishment for anyone caught vandalising a war memorial or stealing a poppy collection can - send them straight to Afghanistan and let them live and fit along side our boys. Then they'd see what a real sacrifice our lads are making. Hopefully the low lifes would step on a land mine or get shot or both (!)......

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Simple punishment for anyone caught vandalising a war memorial or stealing a poppy collection can - send them straight to Afghanistan and let them live and fit along side our boys. Then they'd see what a real sacrifice our lads are making. Hopefully the low lifes would step on a land mine or get shot or both (!)......

Not having a dig at you here AW but I cringe when this one gets trotted out (which it does in many situations)

I did 14 yrs in the mob and the one thing that you can rely on is that your mate would always cover your ass and drag you out of the mire if it came to that.

No trust whatsoever could be put in low life scumbags like the ones in the video and they would have to be babysat by the boys on the ground.

Now, sending them out as an advance minesweeping party......you may have a good point there ;)

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep - advanced minesweeper party with no protection at all sounds good. Perhaps target practice for the lads??? :rolleyes:
Or, make them walk through downtown Kabul wearing nothing more than a mankini!!! :mad:

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately it's not new. This or something like it happens every year, not always with the Poppy Appeal but charity tins are seen as fair game.
What do you do - publicise it to catch the pond-life and you attract more of the breed.
The problem is always that few are caught, any conviction is so remote from the offence and never enough and almost never publicised.

Bring back flogging!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its not just poppy tins. My local pub had a number of different collection tins (guide dogs, Macmillan etc) over the years and several were stolen. One victime was caught and lets just say house rules were applied but everything has to be chained to the bar now and put in the safe at night. Sad inditement on our times when low life have to resort to that. Its clear in the video the woman knew her role. I'm a believer in what goes round and with their faces being released someone will recognise them...........

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Has it been played on the National news yet?

It should. Then when caught they should be publicly named and displayed on the steps of the local Town Hall for humiliation. Following that, a jail sentence (or deportation if applicable) along with a hefty fine.

Lowlife scum!