This game is doing my head in !!!!

GeeJay

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago I played in a society pairs knock out. We won 6&5, I didn't miss a fairway, hit 7 out of 13 greens, chipped it stiff twice and finished 'em off with an 8ft slider.

Since then, my form has been dreadful. Had four 0.1s in a row, which is not the end of world, but is a good indicator of poor form.

Got battered in a society singles knock out. Played a society match yesterday evening, started with a nice birdie on the first, then sprayed the ball(s) all over the course even off the tee which is usually a strength.

Hugely frustrating game.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just been checking my stats on HDID, since my last handicap cut in June of last year I have played in 32 qualifying events, 22 of those have seen a 0.1 rise and 10 buffers, as a result I've gone from 9.9 to 12.1.

Confidence is shot to pieces when I'm on the course but I feel good in warm up and practicing, I reckon a 2 or 3 week break from competitive golf may be in the offing, time to re-group and get my head together.

I too share your pain, 20 comps since July seventeen 0.1s and 3 buffer zones. I am looking forward to warmer weather and faster greens. Last 2 comps were two of the buffer zones so there is hope yet.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
why not just forget the competitions. my handicap went inactive at 12 and i am currently going round in 4 to 6 over ever round. i sometimes struggle to understand peoples drive to be competitive and play is tons of comps.

it sounds weird but when i play golf i feel like I'm playing against myself.

It is easy where I play, to play on every other Monday morning you have to be in the comp, Saturdays in the summer it is virtually the same unless you want to play in the 'non-preferred' times. Also if you want to play off the competition tees you can only do so if you play in the comps.