Thinking of joining Dundonald Links - few queries for any current members?

Stevie77

Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of joining Dundonald Links but don't know any current members and have a few queries I'm hoping those in the know can answer.
  1. Do you need to know two members to propose you as its unclear from the website?
  2. Is there many weekend medals for members and are these mainly on a Saturday or do they alternate between Saturdays and Sundays?
  3. Also, as I'm joining alone, do you know the approx green fees for members taking on guests?
  4. Are there any member groups / societies which run sweeps at weekend when there are no medals?
Also, any comments on the condition of the course throughout winter would be welcome.

I did see the notice of the potential future construction works regarding a new clubhouse, lodges and residential dwellings.

Apologies for the various questions, I'm just trying to get a feel for how different the set-up will be from my current club, obviously course conditions aside.

Many thanks,

Stevie.

P.S. I'm a newbie poster so you may need to go easy on me!!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi mate, there's a waiting list. I'm on it and have been for about a year, I'm led to believe theres over 100 on it now. You have to join as a 5 day member first and there are only 60 full members as it's owned by loch lomond so it may take some time to get in as a full member. I do know a few members, pretty sure it's a Tuesday medal and there are medals at the weekend. It's £30 to sign guests on. Condition is always great and up there with the best links courses I've been on.

Last edited:

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Hi mate, there's a waiting list. I'm on it and have been for about a year, I'm led to believe theres over 100 on it now. You have to join as a 5 day member first and there are only 60 full members as it's owned by loch lomond so it may take some time to get in as a full member. I do know a few members, pretty sure it's a Tuesday medal and there are medals at the weekend. It's £30 to sign guests on. Condition is always great and up there with the best links courses I've been on.

Well that's absolute crap isn't it but probably par for the course with these type of courses owned by companies rather than members, as for the course, love it, best greens I've putted on all season.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm a member and love it for the practice facilities alone.

I'm a 5 day member but that suits me as I work shifts. Medals/comps almost every Saturday and Sunday & Wednesday summer only. Course condition has been absolutely tremendous this year, as it has been for a while. Hopefully a wee bit of work getting done this winter. They are adding a few bunkers. Hopefully got some other things in the pipeline. Its playable all year round.

I couldn't care less about a clubhouse but I do want that farce of a car park addressed, its a disgrace.

On another note no idea how GM don't rate this in their top 100!

Any of you want a game drop me a message and we can arrange something. Its £30 just now but £40 in summer which is far too expensive.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ironically I’ve been looking at this as well. Midweek membership would suit me as I’m limited to playing time at the weekends and would maintain my current club membership as it’s only 5 minutes up the road.

Jacko_G, would love to be invited on for a look around ;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ironically I’ve been looking at this as well. Midweek membership would suit me as I’m limited to playing time at the weekends and would maintain my current club membership as it’s only 5 minutes up the road.

Jacko_G, would love to be invited on for a look around ;)

Send me a message with some dates and we'll see what we can come up with.

Stevie77

Visit site
Thanks for all the info, really appreciate the replies. I was unaware of the waiting list or limited membership, guess I’ll just need to put my name down and see what happens.

Also, Jacko_G I appreciate the offer to play it and it would be good to join both you and Spuddy if your already arranging a day. Like you, I’m not too fussed about the clubhouse, for me I just want to join a good course that I can play all year round. Cheers!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Played dundonald with jacko not to long ago and was very impressed with the course my toughest test of golf iv had, green were superb in fact the whole course was flawless, and I lovely roll and sausage too, I'd be up for a rematch with dundonald, might even find some of the balls I lost

D

Deleted member 17920

Played dundonald with jacko not to long ago and was very impressed with the course my toughest test of golf iv had, green were superb in fact the whole course was flawless, and I lovely roll and sausage too, I'd be up for a rematch with dundonald, might even find some of the balls I lost
Totally agree about the course been flawless, I was very impressed, even when JackoG said the 1st and 2nd were only average I disagree. I thought both holes were very good.

Really good test of golf.

Sod the clubhouse, it did the job just well. Nowt wrong with it, I would rather have a good course anyday of the week.

And when you are looking for your balls chris see if you can find Cameron’s as I reckon he lost over 10 that morning 😂😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Jacko was kind enough to have me there prior to the Turnberry trip. I’ll be honest, if I were a local I’d jump through whatever hoops were required.

The course and weather absolutely hammered me but I loved every second of it!

D

Deleted member 15344

Certainly looked a cracking course when they had the Scottish Open on it - lucky lad to be a member there , surprised to hear its not top 100 when he looks considerably better than others in the list

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would also love a game at some point jacko... if you come to ER for a knock soon you better get a shot on the practice green first they’re a wee bit different to dundonald this time of year 🙈

Ps I’ve yet to have a good game of golf at dundonald. Played about 5 times and it’s beaten me up every time