European Tour Fantasy League 2015.... Some suggestions for consideration

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The new season starts in South Africa next week, but it will be a few weeks before the Fantasy League kicks off
Im more than happy to administer (unless anyone else wants to), but there a couple of things i would like to do.

Its a Forum League for members of the Forum and i'd like to keep it that way, I'm pretty sure that we had some interlopers last year who were joining every private league they could , I was even getting requests to join in the last 2 weeks of the season.

so I have a couple of proposals for comment & discussion.

1, Use the same criteria as the For Sale Section in that to join the league you need to have 100 posts behind you and have been a member for 60 days. this will stop people joining just to enter the league.

2, we need to identify who is who in the forum league and marry them up with their Forum identity, so I propose that all who want to join send me a PM with their team name on it, so when I get the "member wants to join private league" email from the European tour, I know who it is and can confirm their bona fides. This will stop professional fantasy league players from getting in on our bit of fun.

3 Imurg & Birchy (current Champion) are banned (just a suggestion :) :)

Over to you lot

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree Phil. I think the guy who finished second was a random, never seen him post on here i dont think.

The private leagues whole idea is so you can play against people you know and the banter that comes with it :D

Im going for the hat trick next year :whoo:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I fancy joining this year.

How do you choose the players, is it based on a set amount to spend (as with the footy) or some other method?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I fancy joining this year.

How do you choose the players, is it based on a set amount to spend (as with the footy) or some other method?

Last time you picked 10 players, no value to any of them, you just pick them.
You choose 1 player to be your StarMan and his winnings count double.
All winnings from each player are added together to get your weekly total.
Weekly totals accumulate through the year to find an overall winner - or Birchy as he's normally known.

2 years ago you picked an initial 10 players for the first event but then you could only change 5 each week - so sometimes you would have to have only 4 or 5 players at a minor event to make surenyou had all 10 players at the Majors or WGCs where the real money is. That made it a lot more difficult. I wouldn't mind if they went back to that system.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last time you picked 10 players, no value to any of them, you just pick them.
You choose 1 player to be your StarMan and his winnings count double.
All winnings from each player are added together to get your weekly total.
Weekly totals accumulate through the year to find an overall winner - or Birchy as he's normally known.

2 years ago you picked an initial 10 players for the first event but then you could only change 5 each week - so sometimes you would have to have only 4 or 5 players at a minor event to make surenyou had all 10 players at the Majors or WGCs where the real money is. That made it a lot more difficult. I wouldn't mind if they went back to that system.

In theory you could pick the worlds top 10 then?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If they're playing then Yes.
You pick a new team every week according to who is playing.
It can pay to pick a lesser name as starman - if he wins you take a big jump on most of the rest of the field but if he doesn't win then you take a hit...
Picking a team for the Madeira Open is almost harder than picking one for The Open...

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they're playing then Yes.
You pick a new team every week according to who is playing.
It can pay to pick a lesser name as starman - if he wins you take a big jump on most of the rest of the field but if he doesn't win then you take a hit...
Picking a team for the Madeira Open is almost harder than picking one for The Open...

Cheers.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'm just after comments regarding the criteria for taking part in the Forum private league .

The actual format of the competition is decided by the european tour and may well change next year.

So far there seems to be general agreement with my proposals
Anyone else got any ideas or observations

Thanks

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I might give it a go aswell this year.

Also no real value to add to criteria, perhaps PM you with interest and then you provide the username then you can confirm entry via the username ? Or something like that?

Just an idea

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does the Fantasy league start in conjunction with the season, so this week? Or does it start in 2015? Definitely up for joining the league this year!