Things That Gladden The Heart

RichA

Visit site
Exactly this.

Belated 60th birthday trip. The hotel we originally booked have got very greedy (70% hike). We have found a much better deal on a B&B so I’m spending the change as I go ?. Bowmore today completes the tour (including Jura).
If you like solitude for a picnic and don't mind half an hour driving up a single track road to the back of beyond, this beach is a stunner (it was when I was there 25 years ago, anyway)...
https://maps.app.goo.gl/nTaGXnq9rTmExqtr9?g_st=ic

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If you like solitude for a picnic and don't mind half an hour driving up a single track road to the back of beyond, this beach is a stunner (it was when I was there 25 years ago, anyway)...
https://maps.app.goo.gl/nTaGXnq9rTmExqtr9?g_st=ic

Thanks for the recommendation. We have a little extra time tomorrow as our ferry has been cancelled; however as it's been cancelled because of lashing rain & 50mph winds, Mrs BiM has declined my kind offer of a morning on the beach (and not very politely, it has to be said :eek:).

RichA

Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation. We have a little extra time tomorrow as our ferry has been cancelled; however as it's been cancelled because of lashing rain & 50mph winds, Mrs BiM has declined my kind offer of a morning on the beach (and not very politely, it has to be said :eek:).
Probably wise. Last time I was there the weather was a little lively. My uncle, who was in his 70s, was so busy looking through the viewfinder of his camera that he didn't quite judge the distance of the freak wave that engulfed him. It was a long drive back to Bunnahabhain.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bringing our first puppy home on Sunday afternoon and she has already called me to take her outside just after midnight!

I'm on night duty, so I might be on random irritations later! :D

We bought a string of bells, a bit like a morris dancer would have, they are on a hook by the back door. When the dog wants out, she goes and bashes the bells. One of the easiest bits of dog training we did!!

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
We bought a string of bells, a bit like a morris dancer would have, they are on a hook by the back door. When the dog wants out, she goes and bashes the bells. One of the easiest bits of dog training we did!!

I heard yesterday of another puppy that did that - we can't let ours have free range of the house yet as we have cats, but we'll certainly try it later. She has been very good all today letting us know when she wants to go, so we are pretty pleased so far. :)

RichA

Visit site
Nice idea but far too much leeway for mischief by other residents.