Things That Gladden The Heart

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was clearing out a load of stuff that's basically followed me around for about 25 years of house moves. Mainly CD's and tapes with some other various stuff. And my word did opening one of them bring memories flooding back.

A box full of rave flyers that used to adorn my teenage bedroom walls from Hanger 13 in Ayr (c.'93) to Rezerection at Ingliston (93-97) along with ticket stubs from loads of events and all nighters. I don't even remember keeping most of them, must have put them in the box and it's just followed me round.

The box of tapes, wow, they are something else. Recordings of me on the decks mixing which, judging by the tunes being played, must be late '94/early '95 through to late '97. When I listened to them it was weird, I was almost instantly transported back to my home-made mixing desk in-front of the window of my bedroom in my parents house. Christ, I could almost hear my now departed mum shouting at me to turn that *** noise down! Music has a very unique way of triggering vivid memory.

The best thing I found though was a tape that looked so beaten up I didn't think it would even play, but play it did. Straight away a familiar voice came out of the speakers, a comforting voice of the Scottish dance scene of the 90's - Tom Wilson. I used to listen to his Saturday night program "Steppin Out" every week and often recorded it as there was nothing like it on anywhere else. Judging by the heavy Italo-house influence (Love 4 Sale, Entropya etc) and Force Mass Motion's "Force Format" along with promo adverts for the Awesome 101 event at the Livingston Forum (which no longer even exists) I would place this show as June/July 1993 as I remember the line up for that Awesome 101 being August 1993. Tom Wilson did more for the dance music scene and the ravers in Scotland than anyone could ever have done and his death in 2004 was a major shock.

Anyway, what a find that brought a massive smile to my face but also sadness that I would have loved to have let my mate Damo hear the mix recordings as he'd be on there too. Unfortunately lost him in 2020 at the mere age of 43.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Eventually found the missing dinner knives when the kids got the play doh out

Attachments

• 71EA7530-B7C9-425D-87A4-E2CB9AE0CDAA.jpeg
    71EA7530-B7C9-425D-87A4-E2CB9AE0CDAA.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 17

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Missis T listening to a six and nine yr old girls talking. 9 yr old. “ I like listening to teenagers songs”. Layla “ oh what like”. 9 yr old “ Angel with a shotgun “ ? eh. What the heck’s that.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
We’ve just had our society weekend away, played and stayed in Rothbury yesterday then played Bellingham today.
Won the pairs texas scramble yesterday by one shot.
Heavy night on the sauce and felt a bit groggy this morning, ripped it up with 44 points in our 4BBB and also won longest drive ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We’ve just had our society weekend away, played and stayed in Rothbury yesterday then played Bellingham today.
Won the pairs texas scramble yesterday by one shot.
Heavy night on the sauce and felt a bit groggy this morning, ripped it up with 44 points in our 4BBB and also won longest drive ??
What did you think of the two courses? Good society courses I think.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What did you think of the two courses? Good society courses I think.

We played Bellingham earlier in the year, I like it there specially the little par 3 down the hill, it can be a bit of a slog though.
I preferred Rothbury to be honest, greens were a lot better and some decent quirky holes. The weather wasn’t great and the wind was up but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost drove the 18th green as well ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We played Bellingham earlier in the year, I like it there specially the little par 3 down the hill, it can be a bit of a slog though.
I preferred Rothbury to be honest, greens were a lot better and some decent quirky holes. The weather wasn’t great and the wind was up but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost drove the 18th green as well ?
I think they are both honest clubs, doing the best that they can with catchments and geography a little against them. There is a lot to admire about both.

Yesterday was windy and you are definitely going to feel it there. There is no protection.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think they are both honest clubs, doing the best that they can with catchments and geography a little against them. There is a lot to admire about both.

Yesterday was windy and you are definitely going to feel it there. There is no protection.

Yes, both clubs were incredibly welcoming and couldn’t do enough for us. We had a cracking weekend ?