Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a lovely family day yesterday…lad down staying over while dj’ing at Rewind South in Henley, and Mrs organised for us with daughter and her bloke to go into London for a show - Sister Act at the Apollo (Beverley Knight superb); then dinner at The Ivy Asia, St Paul’s (thoroughly recommended). A special day…we’ll it is my Beatles Birthday today ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just did a speedtest on my phone. Turns out my Tesco Mobile SIM card is faster and cheaper than my BT fibre at home. ?

View attachment 43981
It's amazing how much drop-off you get from being further away as well. that 243mb I got above was in the same room as the hub. Now I've just tested it two rooms away out the back - probably about 20 yards away from the hub - and I only get 18mb. o_O

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's amazing how much drop-off you get from being further away as well. that 243mb I got above was in the same room as the hub. Now I've just tested it two rooms away out the back - probably about 20 yards away from the hub - and I only get 18mb. o_O
Are you testing the wi-fi speed (device to router) or the Internet speed (router to supplier via the fibre). That its dropped off so much suggests the former.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Often the supplied hub isn't great, I always use my own router now.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you testing the wi-fi speed (device to router) or the Internet speed (router to supplier via the fibre). That its dropped off so much suggests the former.
Just testing on my phone, so the wifi. It's funny, in the kitchen it was still well over 200, 3 yards the other side of the wall in the conservatory it was down to 18. I guess the wifi signal struggles with brick walls.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Grandaughters gets her GCSE results tomorrow.
Shes been accepted for a football scholarship at her chosen College. As long as she gets the required grades.
I'm feeling quietly confident and extremely proud of her.
Well, she got all the results she wanted/needed.
So, so proud of her.
Just as an aside, Lily's parents were discussing finances one evening, and she said to them, "Is my education costing a lot of money", after overhearing some of their conversation. They just said not to worry about the cost, you concentrate on getting your grades.
About half an hour later Lily said to them, "If after I finish my education and get a good job I'll be able to pay you back". Bless her, she's such a lovely and grounded person.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ha ha! No not us - I row on The River Great Ouse at St Neots :)

Haha.. I’ve never been to Cambridge before but this morning I had to go and price a job in the Marche building, I was at the lights and a couple walked past with a couple of Labs, I’ve seen your photo on here somewhere before and thought…. “Amanda?”