Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve had that letter on the same day as the one telling me I’d overpaid ?‍♂️

My wife got chased for months for £1000 (roughly) in "underpayment"

I was like how? She earns under the tax limit entirely so doesn't owe a penny

Turns out her work put her down as being paid twice for one entire year when they mucked up the moving a payslip companies

Impressive

That took some sorting out

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting my mega workbench in place in the new workshop. Had my eye on a new precision router insert, lift & motor set and just pulled the trigger on it. So my workshop centrepiece will be an 8' x 4' island with table saw, outfeed table, assembly bench and router workstation all built in to one place with tons of storage and all of the dust extraction hidden in the middle of it all (accessibly through a false cabinet door).

It's about time I finally got it done as I have a back-book of orders needing filled :D
Sounds good, any pics?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not sure if this fits here or in Random Irritations...

Evri/Hermes..how useless are they?
A couple of weeks ago I sold a fairway shaft to a girl in Wales
Sent it off and, of course, it didn't arrive.
Refund given, claim on insurance made, claim settled a week later, money in the account...end of story.
Until 20 minutes ago when turns up back here...with her name and my address on the label...
So I've been reimbursed for it and I've got it back so I can sell it again:ROFLMAO:
Bunch of know-nothing bozos :rolleyes:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Paid for a VAX floor steamer a couple of years ago. The handle broke a couple of weeks ago. Contacted VAX about a new handle and there is not one in the whole country. I politely complained to VAX. They called me and a few days ago I paid £29.99 for a £100 machine. Result.
However as Imurg mentioned it was delivered by Evri/ Hermes. Flippin eck you could start a thread on how crap they are.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Footie Thread read being a decent read for a change...not sure why :p but long may it last.
Sorry Amanda but have to disagree.
It's all moaning about the refs and VAR!
I remember years and years ago when I went to my first ever football match. It was Charlton Athletic at the valley. All I can remember about the game was everybody shouting and swearing at the ref! I thought, why can't they just watch the game.
Nothing much has changed I'm afraid!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I remember years and years ago when I went to my first ever football match. It was Charlton Athletic at the valley. All I can remember about the game was everybody shouting and swearing at the ref! I thought, why can't they just watch the game.

One man’s meat etc…. I remember fondly my first matches in the mid/late 70s joining in with the chanting ?

To the tune of Oh My Darling Clementine…

“Whose your father
Whose your father
Whose your father referee
You haven’t got one, haven’t got one
Your a bleep bleep referee” ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I hear you but it's (almost) less partisan/tribal and not dominated by one club's fans...