Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Splendidly my club’s young rising star Lottie Woad has battled through to the Final of the R&A Girls Amateur Championship that’s been being played at Carnoustie all of this week. The 36hole finals of both the girls and boys championships are for the first time to be streamed live on the R&A YouTube channel tomorrow from early…

Good luck to Lottie in this against a very good Spanish opponent, and also in the World Amateur Team Championship as she is in the England team (3 girls plus 3 lads) for that (24th-27th August).
Awesome - just awesome by Lottie, blew the Spanish lass away in winning 7-6. Though I can only speak for myself and the club members who watched together in the clubhouse and cheered loudly as the final and winning birdie putt on the 12th dropped (to go 6 under after 12 holes :eek:), I am sure I speak for Farnham Golf Club as a whole in saying how very proud that we are of her and all of her achievements as she heads off to college in the US - after the World Team Amateur champs week after next...

https://www.englandgolf.org/lottie-wins-ra-crown-with-a-carnoustie-masterclass/

Highlights of Final

We are an unheralded club amongst many giants...and this lass has really put the club on the map.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing the Countdown game on my phone, I got a nine-letter word this morning (moodiness) and should have had another one before that but I wasn't sure if you could have a plural of 'colonial' when I had an S left over so settled for 8! Hardly ever get 9s so to nearly get two was mad. If only I'd have been braver and gone for it. :unsure::LOL:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
It’s raining. Hard! ?

I honestly can’t remember the last time it did.

Obviously the press try to spoil it by warning of flash flooding but good news is no news according to the msm!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s raining. Hard! ?

I honestly can’t remember the last time it did.

Obviously the press try to spoil it by warning of flash flooding but good news is no news according to the msm!

I think I'd go and dance in it if we got some! Watering the allotment is hard work...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
After the very difficult grim years of 2020 and 2021 for our lad, his sacrifice and determination to stick things out has, this last weekend, found him getting a solid tie into Live Nation…the biggie events promotions company in the world, never mind the UK.

And separately to go along with him doing 3 nights DJ at Leeds Festival end of the month he has also just got 3 nights DJ this coming weekend at Rewind South (Henley), and hopefully we’ll get to go to that on the Fri or Sat.??

Well made up for him...and hopefully that’s us, once and for all, able to cut up his Bank of MaD cash card.

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's raining :).

Nice, fairly soft drizzle. Hard enough to start wetting things, but not hard enough to stop you playing golf. Just needs to continue without pause for the next 3 - 4 weeks ...

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Got a call from a Head-hunter this morning about a job. Got chatting after lunch, he gets the MD on the call who was a mate of a mate. Cut to the chase, he pretty much said name your price, so I went high, but not crazy. Ok they said, when can you start?

We're sorting details and when they said "Hybrid" working, they actually meant 3 days in central London. I said, what about your Bristol office? No, he said, has to be London.

I've just emailed them back saying "no thanks!!" Phew. I thought about that slightly longer than I should have done. Seniors Match tomorrow and another on Monday. Fishing on Thursday too. :)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got a call from a Head-hunter this morning about a job. Got chatting after lunch, he gets the MD on the call who was a mate of a mate. Cut to the chase, he pretty much said name your price, so I went high, but not crazy. Ok they said, when can you start?

We're sorting details and when they said "Hybrid" working, they actually meant 3 days in central London. I said, what about your Bristol office? No, he said, has to be London.

I've just emailed them back saying "no thanks!!" Phew. I thought about that slightly longer than I should have done. Seniors Match tomorrow and another on Monday. Fishing on Thursday too. :)

Well done! Always tempting but life is way too short...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done! Always tempting but life is way too short...
Being just one yr into the retirement lark I am often asked what I do with myself, and don’t I miss work? Well…the day I find myself on holiday midweek; on the golf course, or on a walk in the wild (often the last two can unintentionally be both at the same time) and find myself wishing I was sat in front of a computer screen or on a conference call…or doing mandatory online H&S or Data Protection training, then I might consider things.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Watching Coldplay last night at Wembley. Simply simply stunning. One of the best Concerts I have been to.

The rain last night Coming home, that was just Biblical in places. ?