Things That Gladden The Heart

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Indeed. You've just reminded me of something my 20-month-old did the other day that made me crease up.

We had a 50-odd minute drive to my parents' house, I put an iPad on for her in the back so that she (a) doesn't fall asleep at the wrong time and (b) doesn't get bored and start moaning while I'm on the motorway it's in a holder attached the headrest. I've put a cartoon on Netflix, but I forgot that it cuts out after a while with that message that says "are you still watching?" and you have to click a button to continue, so I figured that was the end of that. Ten minutes later I heard sounds again from the back and thought it must have continued by itself - but no - it turns out she's pulled her socks off, managed to reach the screen and started swiping it with her toes, and somehow managed to open YouTube and play a video on there! Swear I've not made this up, I couldn't believe it. :ROFLMAO:

I am always staggered at how quickly they learn to use the devices - I found over 50 “tik tok” vids my daughter had been doing on my work phone over the last 2 years

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ah…I know of Pogacar. I enjoy watching pro road racing (the ‘majors’) but don’t follow what’s going on between the ‘majors’.
The world is one of the most prestigious one day races in the calendar. You get to wear the rainbow Jersey for the next 12 months.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Absolutely beautiful day here yesterday, bright sunshine and pretty warm considering its Oct. Cut the grass, trimmed a lot of evergreen bushes. Moving about my knee felt really good and as it was so nice I decided to try a little ride ony Gravel bike. The doctors seemed to think it might help if it wasn't too painful. I will have to stop here though as the rest will need to be posted in Random Irritations 🤣🤣

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yesterday did a 25km walk from Bristol to Bath. First 15km were fairly flat but then joined the Cotswold Way and had about 3km of uphill before it levelled off again. The last 2km into Bath had some sharp hills which really hurt but good to finish. This morning only a little sore which is good (and a bit surprising) as usually walk like Douglas Bader after events like this 😄

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday did a 25km walk from Bristol to Bath. First 15km were fairly flat but then joined the Cotswold Way and had about 3km of uphill before it levelled off again. The last 2km into Bath had some sharp hills which really hurt but good to finish. This morning only a little sore which is good (and a bit surprising) as usually walk like Douglas Bader after events like this 😄
I did this trip via train yesterday. Is that part of the cycle path route? My son pointed that out, he has cycled it before. Very nice route. Hope you had enjoyable cake in Bath, I certainly did 😋

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I did this trip via train yesterday. Is that part of the cycle path route? My son pointed that out, he has cycled it before. Very nice route. Hope you had enjoyable cake in Bath, I certainly did 😋
Part of the route was on the cycle path alongside the Avon Valley railway and the Dram Trail. Rest was along the riverside and the Cotswold Way. No cakes unfortunately but back in Bath soon so will make up for it 😄