Things That Gladden The Heart

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Just home from a lovely day in London.

Started in borough market then walked along the Thames to the London eye and across Westminster bridge.

A quick stop in Fortnum and Mason before strolling along Bond street to Selfridges.

Back along long Oxford and regents street to Leicester square then Charing Cross

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just home from a lovely day in London.

Started in borough market then walked along the Thames to the London eye and across Westminster bridge.

A quick stop in Fortnum and Mason before strolling along Bond street to Selfridges.

Back along long Oxford and regents street to Leicester square then Charing Cross

Makes my own day in London yesterday, (Beer, Curry and Strippers) seem positively low brow! 😆

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Church full to overflowing (160+) for this afternoon’s Carols by Candlelight. And our choir of 22 made a splendid sound (apparently - since with me being in it it was rather hard to tell 😊). Lovely.
So Mr and Missis Tash ( it’s on its way back) spent an hour and a half in Salisbury cathedral yesterday having our own little personal tour with a couple from Ukraine. It was a very very good insightful tour. At the time the tour was on the choir cracked up. It sounded glorious.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Given the Christmas Random Irritations thread I note that it has been lovely getting feedback from friends and others who went to our Carols by Candlelight on Sunday.

So many non-church goers, or indeed having little or no religious inclination whatsoever, expressing how lovely the occasion was and how splendid the church looked decorated for Christmas - and that (much to the surprise of some first-timers) they came away from it feeling thrilled and uplifted by the singing of the choir and also of being part of a packed church singing the carols.

Helps us cope with the random irritations of this time of year 😘😉