Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sometimes the hymns my little church choir have to sing can be a bit tricky as we don’t rehearse, or they are just dull, but this morning last up was ‘Guide Me, Oh Thou Great Jehovah’…and boy did we give Cym Rhondda absolute laldy. Brilliant. Must have been superb being at the National Stadium Cardiff back in the day when many attending would have been in Methodist church choirs, and all singing the parts…the sound would have been awesome.

We may only have been twelve this morning, but Cym Rhondda is a great four partner that everyone loves singing - whatever your spiritual choosing, or none, might be.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
"Cym Rhondda" aka "Guide Me Oh Thou Great Redeemer" was sung at the funeral of Diana Princess Of Wales and at the wedding of her son William now Prince Of Wales.

At my mother's funeral in 2018 we had "Calon Lan" at the start and at the end we had "We'll Keep A Welcome".

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yesterday at Woodhall Spa 40’s weekend with the Local RBL branch which I organised A coach trip. An excellent day indeed.. Well done the folk of Woodhall spa.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Regardless of constant changing weather forecasts

Im currently watching eldest swimming at her lessons

Mate from work charity golf day for his late father this afternoon.. always a pleasure to take part raise some money for guide dogs

Weather was perfect

Day was lovely

Golf...50/50 very very slow (5 hours but 55 of us)

Myself 21 points going out only 13 coming back, did my back on the 6th then the slow play just made it stiffen right up

However the day itself was just perfect

Same again next year

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
6 months of specific training for my event and it's done! 100km ultramarathon completed in 11 hours 13 minutes. My feet hurt now.

Wow. Well done. I did a couple of 50m in the past and ankles swelled beyond belief. Had to sit with my feet elevated - although one time we were camping so trips to the loo were a challenge!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Flew to Lisbon last Monday. Walked into baggage claim and was about to look up which conveyor when spotted one of our two cases on the one in front of us. Grabbed it and the other one followed 20 seconds later.

Returned to Stansted last night and exactly the same happened 🙂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Flew to Lisbon last Monday. Walked into baggage claim and was about to look up which conveyor when spotted one of our two cases on the one in front of us. Grabbed it and the other one followed 20 seconds later.

Returned to Stansted last night and exactly the same happened 🙂
Witchcraft.......

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Svitolina making the Semi Finals at Wimbledon. Six months after having a baby plus has stood firm as a Ukranian in not shaking hands with Russian or Belarusian players. She's been criticised by some for that but can't blame her for taking that stand.
That sounds a bit off to me. Putin's antics are hardly the fault of a few tennis players.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Took the grandsproggs to skool this morning. There was only one puddle about 12” across. A four year old kid lets go of his dads hand and jumps up and down in it. The innocence made me chuckle.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
That sounds a bit off to me. Putin's antics are hardly the fault of a few tennis players.

Which has been said. I think Pat Cash mentioned she said "it's nothing personal - but it is". There remains a lot of support for Putin in Russia so I can understand her actions.